Update The HTC Sensation XE
The HTC Sensation XE is set to receive an official update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. If you want to update the OS of your device, you can wait for that. However, there is another way you can get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your HTC Sensation XE and that is to use a custom ROM.
In this post, we’re going to show you how you can update your HTC Sensation XE to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware. Before we begin, however, make sure of the following:
- Your device’s battery has up to 60 percent of its charge.
- You have backed up all your important contacts, messages and call logs.
- Your device is rooted.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible
Update an HTC Sensation XE to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Download the following:
- JB 4.1 Package
- Google Apps
- CM 10
- Ensure that your phone’s USB debugging mode is enabled.
- Settings>Developers Options> USB debugging.
- Install Android ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Extract the .zip file and kernel folder from the CM 10 that you downloaded. You should find a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste this booting file to your Fastboot folder.
- Turn off the phone and open it into bootloader or fast boot mode.
- Press and hold down the volume down and power buttons till you see text on the screen.
- Open a command prompt in your fast boot folder
- Hold down the shift key and then right click anywhere on the fast boot folder.
- Type command: fast boot flash boot boot.img
- Type command fast boot reboot.
- When the reboot is finished, take out the devices battery.
- Wait for at least 10 seconds then re-insert the battery and let the phone open into recovery mode:
- Press and hold down the power and volume down buttons till you see text on the screen.
- From bootloader, select recovery option.
- Choose “wipe cache partition”.
- Select “advance” and from there, select “Dalvik wipe cache”.
- Choose “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Select “insert zip from sd card”.
- Choose “choose zip from sd card”.
- Select the JB 4.1 zip file that you downloaded.
- Confirm its installation on the next screen that appears.
- After installation, go back to step 16 but this time, choose the Google apps file. Confirm you want it installed.
- When the installation is through, +++++Go back and reboot the system. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
So now you’ve installed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your HTC Sensation XE.
Share your experience in the comments box below.