Update the Galaxy S4 i9300
The Android 4.4.2 update had been recently released for the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy S4. The Android 4.3 XXUGNA8 Jelly Bean can be installed for Samsung Galaxy S3 through a few simple steps that can be found in this tutorial. A prior knowledge of Odin would come in handy for this entire process, so if you are already familiar with it, then you would not have any difficulties in completing the update. Some important things to note before you proceed with updating you Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean are the following:
- Remember to keep a back up of all your messages, contacts, and call logs. This will prevent you from losing vital information in case any problem occurs during the update process.
- Also back up the EFS data of your Galaxy S3. This is necessary so that you will not lose your phone’s connectivity if a glitch occurs in the updating process.
- Before beginning the update, make sure that the remaining battery of your device is still sufficient (ideally at least 85 percent).
- This tutorial is only applicable for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. If your device is not of this model, do not try doing the process.
- If you are still using custom ROM, all of your app data will be gone, and when it does, do not use Factory Reset using Stock Recovery
- Turn on the USB debugging mode of your phone
- The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs, and to root your Galaxy S3 can result in bricking your device. It will also void the warranty and will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be a responsible user and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Installing the Android 4.3 XXUGNA8 Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy S3
- Download the firmware Android 4.3 i9300 XXUGNA8 here on your computer.
- Extract the zip file
- Downlaod Odin
- Shut down your Galaxy S3 and turn it back on while simultaneously pressing the home, power, and volume down buttons until the text on screen appears.
- Press the volume up button
- Open Odin on your computer and connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your computer while it’s in download mode. The Odin port shall turn yellow with COM port number when you have properly attached your device to your computer
- Click PDA and choose the file named ‘I9300XXUGNA8_I9300XXUGNA8_I9300XXUGNA8.md5’. Otherwise, look for the file with the largest size
- Open Odin and select Auto Reboot and F Reset Options
- Choose the Start button and wait for installation to finish
- Your Galaxy S3 should restart as soon as the installation has been completed. Once the home screen appears again, unplug your device from your computer.
And voila! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is now using the new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware. You can verify this upgrade by going to your Settings menu and clicking About.
If you are still upgrading from a Custom ROM:
The chances are high that you will be stuck into bootloop when you are upgrading from a Custom ROM. In case this happens, do not panic and follow the simple steps:
- Flash Custom Recovery
- Click Recovery
- Shut down your Galaxy S3 and turn it back on while simultaneously pressing the home, power, and volume up buttons until a text on screen appears
- Go to Advance and choose Wipe Devlink Cache
- Go back to the previous page and click Wipe Cache Partition
- Choose ‘Reboot System Now’
If there is anything additional that you want to know, or if there are some things that you’d want to clarify, do not hesitate to ask it through the comments section. SC