The Update Sony Xperia ZR
Sony has begun rolling out Android Lollipop updates for the Xperia ZR line. The Xperia ZR. ZR, ZL and the Tablet Z have been updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and it’s slowly spreading out to regions around the world.
If the update hasn’t arrived in your region and you can’t wait for your chance to get the Android update in your Xperia ZR, then try using firmware. You can flash Andorid 5.02 Lollipop 10.6.A.0454 FTF file with the Sony Flashtool to get this latest Android update in Xperia ZR C5502/C5503.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Prepare your phone:
- Check that your phone can use this firmware.
- This guide and the firmware is only for use with the Sony Xperia Zr C5502/C5503.
- Check the model number by going to Settings -> About device.
- Using this firmware with other devices could result in bricking
- Make sure your battery has at least over 60 percent of its charge
- If your phone runs out of battery before the flashing process ends, the device could be bricked.
- Back everything up.
- Back up you sms messages, call logs, contacts
- Back up you media files by copying them to a PC or Laptop
- Make sure that USB Debugging Mode is enabled
- Go to Settings -> Developer Options ->USB debugging.
- If there is no Developer Options in your Settings, try Settings -> about device and then tap the “build number” seven times
- Have Sony Flashtool installed and set up
- Open Sony Flashtool, go to the Flashtool folder.
- Open Flashtool->Drivers->Flashtool-drivers.exe
- Install Flashtool, Fastboot and Xperia ZR driver.
- Have an OEM data cable to connect your phone and your PC.
- Download the attest FTF file for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 10.6.A.0.454
- Copy the FTF file and paste it to Flahstool->Firmwares
- Open Flashtool.exe
- You will see a small lightening button on the top at the left corner. Click it then select Flashmode.
- You will see the FTF file you flaced in the Firmware folder, select it.
- On the right side, select which ones want to wipe. We recommend wiping data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK and the firmware will beging preparing for flashing.
- When the firmware is loaded, attach your phone by turning it off and continuously pressing the back key then attaching it to the PC with the data cable
- If your using a Xperia Zr, then use the Volume Down key instead of the back key.
- When the phone has been detected in Flashmode, stop pressing the Volume Down/Back key and let the firmware flash.
- When you see flashing ended or flashing finished, take out the cable and reboot.
Have you tried Andorid 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia ZR?
Share your experience in the comment section below