Update Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Sony began releasing an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for Xperia Z3 D6603 today. With build number of this update is 23.1.A.0.690. The update is a bit slow to reachusers in different regions through Sony PC Companion or OTA. Both of these mediums take a while, and if you’re one of those users who are impatient and would like to update your phones right away, you can do so using Sony Flashtool.
Our guide shows you how to flash a stock FTF to update Android for your device. We will show you how to install official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware, build number 23.1.A.0.6.90 on a Xperia Z3 D6603 using Sony Flashtool.
Prepare your phone:
- Remember, Guide is ONLY for Sony Xperia Z3 D6603
- Confirm phone model and software buildnumber by opening About Phone in the Settings menu.
- Using this guide and firmware in other devices will result in bricking.
- Battery should be charged to at least over 60 percent.
- If phone runs out of battery life before flashing process completes, you could brick it.
- Backup important data
- SMS messages, call logs, contacts and media.
- If the device is rooted, use Titanium Backup to back up all apps, system data and other important content.
- If CWN or TWRP is already installed, use Backup Nandroid
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Settings->developer options->USB debugging, or
- If there are no developer options in setting, tap settings -> about device and then tap on “Build Number” 7 times
- Install and then setup Sony Flashtool.
- Open The Flashtool folder
- Select and then install these drivers: Flashtool, Fastboot and Xperia z3
- Have an OEM cable to connect phone and your PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Guide: Update Sony Xperia Z3 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware
- Download latest firmware: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 FTF file. For Xperia Z3 D6603 Firmware1 Firmware 2 Firmware 3
- Copy file and then paste in Flashtool->Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- Hit small lightening button found at top left corner. Select Flashmode.
- Find and select the FTF firmware file downloaded and placed in Firmware folder.
- On the right side, select what you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, are recommended for wiping.
- Click OK, and firmware will be prepared for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach phone to PC.
- First turn phone off .
- Then, while keeping the Volume down key pressed down, plug in the data cable.
- The phone should be detected in Flashmode and the firmware will start flashing.
- Do not stop pressing on the Volume Down key till the process is complete.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” stop pressing the Volume Down key and plug the cable out.
You should have successfully installed the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on the Xperia Z3.
How has your experience been with the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on the Xperia Z3?