Update Sony Xperia Z1 C6902/C6903
Xperia Z1 now has the long-awaited Android update. Sony has released Andorid 5.0.2 Lollipop for their Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact & Z Ultra. The update offers changes in the UI, though these are minimal and comply with the Materials Design UI. Other new features are guest more and multi-user profile. There are new notification cards in the lock screen and users are now able to move apps to SD cards.
The Android 5.0.2 Lollipop released for the Xperia Z1 has the build number 14.5.A.0.242. This Android update is for the C6902 and C6903 variants. The update is rolling out at different speeds in different regions. If the update hasn’t reached your region and you’re impatient, we’ve found a way you can get this update quicker.
This how-to will explain to you how you can use the Sony Flashtool to update your Xperia Z2 C6902 and C6903 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 14.5.A.0.242 firmware.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Prepare your phone:
- This is only for the Xperia Z2 C6902and Check that you have the right model or the update may result in bricking.
- Go to settings ->about device to check your model number.
- Make sure your battery is charged to at least over 60 percent.
- Back everything important up.
- Enable USB Debugging mode
- Go to settings -> developer options->USB debugging
- Or, go to settings -> about device and tap on “build number” 7 times.
- Make sure you’ve installed and set up Sony Flashtool.
- After installation, open the Flashtool folder.
- Flashtool -> drivers -> Flashtool-drivers.exe
- Install Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia Z1 drivers
- Have an OEM data cable to connect your phone and your PC
Update Sony Xperia Z1 To Official Android 5.0.2 14.5.A.0.242 Lollipop Firmware
- Download firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 14.5.A.0.242 FTF file.
- Copy file. Paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe.
- Hit small lightening button located at top left corner. Select Flashmode.
- Select FTF firmware file from the Firmware folder.
- On the right side, choose what you want to wipe. All wipes, including data, cache and apps log, are recommended.
- Click OK. Firmware will be prepared for flashing; this may take some time to load.
- When the firmware is loaded, a prompt will appear telling you to attach your phone by turning the device off and repeatedly pressing the back key.
- As your device is an Xperia Z1, the Volume Down key will serve as the back key. Turn off the phone and keep pressing the Volume Down key as you plug the data cable in.
- When the phone is detected in Flashmode, firmware starts flashing. Keep pressing the Volume Down key until process is completed.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”, let go of the Volume Down key, unplug the cable and reboot.
You’ve now installed Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z1.
Are you happy with the new Android on your Xperia Z1?
Tell us your experience in the comment section below