Update Sony Xperia Z
Update Sony Xperia Z has begun getting updates to Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on build number 10.5.A.0.230
The update will roll out at different times for different regions and if it hasn’t reached your region yet and you can’t wait, by following our guide you can manually update your Xperia Z C6602 and C6603 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat 10.5.A.0.230 firmware using Sony Flashtool.
Prepare your phone:
- Check your phone can use this firmware.
- This guide and the firmware is for use only with the Sony for Xperia Z C6602 and C6603
- Check model number by going to Settings -> About device.
- Using this firmware with other devices could result in bricking
- Your device needs to be running on either Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- Have Sony Flashtool installed and set up
- After Sony Flashtool is installed:
- Open Sony Flashtool, go to the Flashtool folder.
- Open Flashtool->Drivers->Flashtool-drivers.exe
- Install Flashtool, Fastboot and Xperia Z drivers.
- Make sure your battery has at least over 60 percent of its charge
- If your phone runs out of battery before the flashing process ends, the device could be bricked.
- Make sure USB Debugging Mode is enabled
- Go Settings -> Developer Options ->USB debugging.
- If there is no Developer Options in Settings, try Settings -> about device and tap “build number” seven times
- Back everything up.
- Back up you sms messages, call logs, contacts
- Back up you media files by copying them to a PC or Laptop
- Download the firmware file.
- Have an OEM data cable to connect your phone and your PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat 10.5.A.0.230 Firmware on Xperia Z:
- Download the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat 10.5.A.0.230 FTF file for the Xperia Z C6602 here or Xperia Z C6603. here Make sure what you download is for your phone model.
- Extract downloaded rar file and then you will get the ftf.
- Copy file and paste into Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe.
- On the top left corner, you will see a small lightening button, hit it and then select “Flashmode”.
- Select FTF firmware file that was placed in the Firmware folder during step 3.
- From right side, select want you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended.
- Click OK, and firmware will be prepared for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach phone by turning it off and keeping volume down pressed.
- When the phone is detected in Flashmode, firmware will begin flashing, Keep pressing the volume down key until process completes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” stop pressing volume down key, detach the cable and reboot.
You should find you’ve now installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat on the Xperia Z.
Have you tried this latest Update Sony Xperia Z ?
Share your experience in the comment section below.