Update Sony Xperia M Dual C2004/C2005
Sony has begun updating their Xperia M to run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The Xperia M has variants with dual and single SIM slots and the update was originally for the single SIM slots, but now updates have been released for the Xperia M Dual C2004 and C2005.
In this guide, we show you how to install the latest firmware official / stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based on build number 15.5.A.0.18 on the Sony Xperia M Dual C2004 and C2005 using Sony Flashtool.
Prepare the Phone:
- This guide is only for use with the Xperia M Dual C2004 and C2005. Using it with any other device could result in bricking.
- Check device model number: Settings> About device
- Have Sony Flashtool installed.
- Open Flashtool folder.
- Install Flashtool, Fastboot and Xperia M drivers.
- Charge phone to at least over 60 percent.
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to Settings -> Developer Options ->USB debugging. Or try Settings > About Device and tap “Build Number” 7 times
- Back everything up: sms messages, call logs, contacts and important media content.
- Make sure that the device is rooted.
- Have an OEM data cable to connect the phone and PC
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.5.A.0.18 FTF file for C2004 [Generic] here
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.5.A.0.18 FTF file for C2005 [Generic] here
Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.5.A.0.18 firmware on Xperia MDual C2004/C2005:
- Extract downloaded rar fileto get the ftf.
- Copy fileand paste to Flashtool>Firmwares
- Hit the small lightening button found on the top left corner then select
- Select FTF firmware filethat was placed in the Firmware folder.
- From right side, select to wipe. Data, cache and apps log are recommended for wiping.
- Click OK, and firmware will be prepped for flashing.
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach phone do so by turning it off and keeping Volume Down key pressed and pluging in the data cable.
- When the phone is detected in Flashmode,the firmware will begin flashing. Keep the Volume Down key pressed until process is complete.
- When you see“Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”let go of the Volume Down key, pull the cable out and reboot.
Have you installed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia MDual C2004 or C2005?
Share your experience in the comment section box below.