Update Galaxy S4 Active to xxubml3 Android 4.2.2
The first release of the XXUBML3 Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean has been given high praises, mostly because there are significantly few bugs and the version already provides for a solid experience. The sole complaint is that the users don’t have the ability to add widgets on the lock screen, but this can easily be resolved with a simple software update. Fuelling the excitement of Android users (particularly Samsung users) is the fact that the official firmware for Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean is available for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Users have the option to get the firmware either by receiving the update through Samsung Kies or OTA, or by manually installing it.
This article will teach you the step by step process of manually installing Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. It is an official firmware so rooting your device or using custom recovery is not necessary. Having prior knowledge of Odin would come in handy. For first timers, be sure to read carefully so that you won’t miss a step.
Before beginning the installation process, take note of a few important things:
- This step by step tutorial can be used only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
- Back up your messages, call logs, and contacts, so that you would still have a copy of these relevant data even if you encounter data loss
- Back up the EFS data of your mobile to ensure that your device will have connectivity
- Make sure that your battery level is sufficient (at least 85 percent)
- Allow USB debugging mode
- The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device.
- Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- All of your app data will be wiped from your device you are using custom ROM and you update to this ROM
Installing the official firmware for XXUBML3 Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean
- Download Android 4.4.2 I9295XXUBML3 for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active on your computer
- Extract the zip file
- Shut down your device
- Turn it on again while clicking the home, power, and volume down buttons until the text on screen appears
- Press the volume up button to proceed
- Check to see if your USB drivers are installed
- Open Odin on your computer
- Plug your Galaxy S4 Active on your computer while it is in Download mode. The Odin port will turn yellow with COM port number if the device is properly connected to the computer
- Select PDA and look for the file called I9295XXUBML3_I9295XXUBML3_I9295XXUBML3.md5. Otherwise, look for the file with the largest size
- Open Odin and allow Auto Reboot and F.Reset
- Press the Start button and wait for the installation to finish. The device will restart once it is completed
- Unplug your Galaxy S4 Active from your computer as soon as you see the home screen of your device
Getting stuck in bootloop when updating from a Custom ROM
The process to get back on track in case your device gets stuck in bootloop is simple.
- FlashCustom Recovery
- Click Recovery
- Shut down your device
- Turn it on again while pressing the home, power, and volume up buttons until the text onscreen appears
- Go to Advance and choose Wipe Devlink Cache
- Turn back and click Wipe Cache Partition
- Choose Reboot System Now
At this point, you have now successfully updated your device to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean! If you wish to check if this is true, open your Settings menu and click About.
If you have further questions or if you wish to share your upgrading experience,you can do so through the comments section!