Update Galaxy Core Duos I8262
It doesn’t look like Samsung is going to release an official Kitkat firmware for the Galaxy Core Duos I8262, but if you want to upgrade yours, we have a Kit-Cat ROM that will do the job.
In this guide, we are going to show you how to get Android 4.4.2 on the Core Duos using a custom ROM.
Before we begin, make sure of the following:
- Your battery has a charge of 60-80 percent.
- You have backed up important contacts, messages and call logs.
- You have backed up your EFS data.
- Your device model is GT-I8262. Check by going to Setting>About.
- You have enabled USB debugging mode.
- You have downloaded USB driver for Samsung devices
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Now, download the following files
- Android 4.4.2 Kit-Cat ROM here
- Connect your phone to your PC
- Copy and paste the file downloaded above to your SD card
- Turn off the device and disconnect from the computer.
- Open your phone on recovery mode:
- Press and hold the volume, home and power buttons until text appears on the screen. For CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users:
- Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Navigate to ‘advance’ and from there choose ‘Dalvik Wipe Cache’
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Go to ‘Install zip from sd card’. Another window should open.
- From Options, select ‘choose zip from sd card’
- Select Android 4.4.2 Kit-Cat ROM.zip file Confirm installation on next screen.
- When Installationis done, select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select RebootNow to Reboot the System.
For TWRP Users:
- Wipe Buttonand the select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe ConfirmationSlider.
- Return to Main Menuand from there tap Install Button.
- Locate Android 4.4.2 Kit-Cat ROM. Swipe the Slider to install.
- When Installationis done, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select RebootNow and the system will begin reboot.
How to Solve Signature Verification Error
1. Open Recovery.
2. Go to install zip from Sdcard
3. Go to Toggle Signature Verification. Press Power Button to see if it is disabled or not. Disable and then Install the Zip
After doing all this, reboot your Galaxy Core Duos I8262. The first run will take about 5-minutes but after words you should then be running Android 4.4.2 Kit-Cat ROM.
Do you have a Galaxy Core Duos with Android Kit-Cat?
Share your experience in the comments box below.