Sony Xperia Z1 C6906
The Xperia Z1 has several variants, and usually, the difference is only between the variants LTE connectivity or band frequencies, hardware and software specifications are the same.
One such variant is the Xperia Z1 C6906 which has recently received an update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 firmware. The update has fixed a lot of bugs, such as a bug that previously caused the camera to crash when the device’s bootloader was unlocked.
The update can be had via Over The Air updates, but they are reaching different regions at the different time. If your region hasn’t gotten the update yet and you just can’t wait, try using the method detailed below to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 latest firmware in Sony Xperia Z1 6906,
Prepare the phone:
- The firmware detailed here is only for the Xperia Z1 C6906. Don’t try it with other devices as this could brick the device.
- Check your device model number by going to Settings > About Device.
- Make sure that your device is running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Install Sony Flashtool and use it to install three drivers: Flashtool, Facebook, and Xperia Z1.
- Choose to install the drivers you need.
- Have the phone charged to at least over 60 percent to keep it from losing power before flashing ends?
- Have USB debugging mode enabled? Try either of these two methods
- Settings>Developer options>USB debugging
- Settings> About device> Build number. Tap build number 7 times to activate USB debugging.
- Back up all you important contacts, call logs, text messages, and media content.
- Have an OEM data cable to establish a connection between the phone and a PC.
- Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 on Xperia Z1 C6906:
- Download latest firmware Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 FTF file. here
- Copy file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares
- Hit the small lightening button found on the top left corner and then select
- Select FTF firmware file that was placed in the Firmware folder.
- From right side, select what you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended.
- Click OK, and firmware will start preparing for flashing. This could take a while to load.
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach the phone to the PC. Do so by first turning it off and keeping the Volume Down key pressed while plugging in the date cable.
- When the phone is detected in Flash mode, the firmware will begin flashing, keep holding on to the Volume Down key until the process ends.
- When you see, “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”let go of the Volume Down key. You can now unplug the cable and reboot the device.
So now you’ve installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia Z1 C6906.
Share your experience in the comments box below.