Root Huawei Ascend Mate
The Ascend series of Huawei is among its banner devices because of its popularity among consumers. Particularly, the Ascend Mate is one of the favorites of Huawei users as it rests comfortably between the tablet and phablet realm – it has a 6.1 inch screen, a 2gb RAM, an 8mp rear camera, and a 1mp front camera. The device also operates on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, which can be improved to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
The main advantage with the Huawei Ascend Mate is that there a a lot of things that can be done with it, mostly because of the fact that its Chinese manufacturers are trying to extend the global reach of its products. The thing is, having maximum access to all the capabilities of the device is only possible once you have rooted it, and if you are one of those users, this article will provide a detailed instruction on how to properly complete the process.
What exactly are the benefits of having a rooted device?
- A rooted device allows the user to have complete access to the entire data of the device. This is especially helpful because manufacturers, by default, lock some of the data on your device. For instance, non-rooted phones don’t allow the users to change some options in the internal and operating system, and it also prohibits the deletion numerous factory restrictions on your Ascend Mate.
- Rooting your Huawei Ascend Mate will allow you to remove the default applications on your device and therefore to improve its performance.
- It also lets users upgrade the Ascend Mate’s battery life
- Users are also given access to install apps that require a root access for it to function correctly.
- Your device becomes more customizable than ever as you can now easily flash custom ROMs
- The Custom Recovery feature allows users to back up the existing ROM and to restore it later when needed
It is important to note the following things before you proceed with rooting your Huawei Ascend Mate:
- This instructional material is applicable only for Huawei Ascend Mate. If you are not certain what the model of your device is, go to your device’s Settings and click About.
- Ensure that you have a back up of all important files, messages, contacts, and call logs.
- The device needs to have at least a 60 percent battery life. This will prevent you from encountering any issues with your power supply during the rooting process.
- The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
The step by step process of rooting your Ascend Mate
- Download Framaroot APK v1.9.1 here
- Download the APK file and store it on your Huawei Ascend Mate
- Run the APK file. When prompted, allow it to run the unknown sources.
- Open your App Drawer and open Framaroot
- Click SuperSu then choose Pippin Exploit. Simply follow the instructions that will be displayed on your screen until you successfully finish the process.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Huawei Ascend Mate! The same software can be used if you want to un-root your device.
Don’t forget to hit the comments section below to share with us your success stories in rooting your Huawei Ascend Mate, and also if you have any queries regarding the process.