Root The Sony Xperia V LT25i 9.2.A.2.5 Firmware
If you’ve updated your Xperia V LT25i to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware, build number 9.2.A.2.5., you’re probably looking for a way to root your device without necessarily unlocking the bootloader.
If you are, you’re in luck as in this guide, we show you how to root Xperia V LT25i running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.2.5 firmware. We will be using GeoHot’s Towelroot.
Before we begin, make sure of the following.
- Your device is a Sony Xperia V LT25i running on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.2.5 firmware.
- Your battery is charged to at least over 60 percent. This will prevent power issues during rooting process.
- USB debugging mode has been enabled in the device. Try one of the two methods:
- Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging mode
- Settings > About Device, in About Device you will see the Build Number. Tap the Build Number 7 times.
- You have an OEM data cable to establish a connection between the device and a PC.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on the device by doing the following:
- Go to Settings
- Settings>Security> Unknown Sources> Tick.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root Sony Xperia V LT25i running 9.2.A.2.5Firmware with Locked Bootloader:
- Download Towelroot apk. here
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Copy downloaded APK file to device.
- Disconnect device and locate APK file.
- Tap APK file and begin installation.
- If prompted, select “Package Installer”.
- If asked, allow Unknown Sources by going to Settings > Security.
- Proceed and complete the installation.
- Go to the app drawer. Find and then open the Towelroot application
- In the Towelroo app, tap button “make it ra1n”.
- Download SuperSu.zip file. here
- Unzip file to grab the Superuser.apk from common folder in unzipped folder.
- Now copy apk to device, and install by following steps 2 – 8.
- When installed, update Superuser or SuperSu through the Google Play Store.
How to install busybox now?
- Go to the Google Play Store on the phone.
- Search for the “Busybox Installter”.
- Once you’ve found it, install.
- Run Busybox installer and proceed with installation.
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- Find and install “Root Checker”
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap on “Verify Root”.
- You will be asked for SuperSu rights, “Grant”.
- You should see Root Access Verified Now!
Do you have Xperia V?
Can you see an advantage to rooting it?
Share your experience in the comment box below.