The Xperia V LT25i was recently updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with firmware based on build number 9.2.A.0.295.
Root Sony Xperia V LT25i
The Xperia V LT25i was recently updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with firmware based on build number 9.2.A.0.295. If you got the update, chances are you are looking for a way to root your device on the new firmware. Luckily for you, we’ve found a working method to root Xperia V running 9.2.A.0.295 firmware.
Before we begin, here are a few reason why you might want to root your device:
- You will get complete access over data which would otherwise remain locked by manufacturers.
- You will be able to remove factory restrictions.
- You will be able to make changes to the internal systems as well as the operating sustem.
- You will be able to install applications to enhance device performance
- You will be able to remove built-in apps and programs
- You will be able to upgrade the devices battery life
- You can install apps which require root access.
As for why you will want to have a custom recovery:
- To flash custom roms
- To backup current rom and restore in case of accidents.
Now, before we begin, make sure of the following:
- Your device is a Sony Xperia V LT25i
- Check device model: Settings> about device.
- Your device is running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.0.295 firmware
- The device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Sony Flashtool is installed
- Install drivers: Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flashmode, Xperia V, Fastboot
- Your battery charge is at least over 60 percent.
- You have backed up your contacts, sms messages, and call logs.
- You have backed up all your media content by copying to a PC.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup for apps and data.
- Back up you system with a custom recovery.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Now, download the following:
- elf file
- SuperSu zip here
- Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Kernel.sin file for Xperia V
Root Xperia V LT25i Running 9.2.A.0.295:
- Open Sony Flashtool
- Connect the phone to a PC.
- On the right upper left side, you will see the smart lightening button, click it and then select “fastboot mode”.
- On the right, you’re going to see “reboot device into fastboot mode,” click it and then attach the device to the PC.
- You can also manually put the phone into Fastboot mode by turning off the device and connecting it to the PC while pressing down on the volume up key.
- When your PC detects the device, a blue LED will appear. This means the device is successfully connected in fastboot mode.
- Select Kernel to flash. During format selection, this will be a .sin file. Change to .elf.
- Select Kernel.elf and flash it.
- CWM recovery will flash on your device.
- Disconnect device.
- Turn device on. When you see the Sony logo, press the volume key around 5-6 times. You should then see the CWM recovery interface.
- Go to Mount/Storage and press on Mount System.
- When the system is mounted, install zip > choose zip from sd card > SuperSu.zip .
- When SuperSu.zip is flashed, turn off device by keeping power key pressed for a while or pulling out the battery.
- Connect device in fastboot mode again.
- Flashtool once again > Click on small lightening button > Fastboot mode > Select Kernel to Flash.
- It will be *.sin format, so locate file Kernel.sin [Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Kernel] and flash it.
- When kernel flashing is complete, reboot device.
Have you rooted your Xperia V?
Share your experience in the comment box below.