Root And Install CWM 5 Recovery
If you own a Sony Xperia Sola and you are looking for a custom recovery, we found a good one for you and – in this guide – we’re going to show you how to install it.
First, let’s go through the reasons why you might want a custom recovery:
- Allows you to install custom roms and mods
- Allows you to make a Nandroid back up of your current system, allowing you to go back to it if necessary.
- If you want to flash SuperSu.zip to root your phone, you need to do so from a custom recovery
- So you can wipe cache and dalvik cache.
Now, follow along while we show you how to install ClockworkMod custom recovery on your Xperia Sola.
Before we begin, check the following:
- Your device is a Sony Xperia Sola MT27i. This guide is only for use with this device model. Check you have the right device model by going to Settings > About Device
- Your device is running on the latest Android 4.0.4 6.1.1.B.1.54 Firmware.
- Andorid ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed on your device.
- Your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Your device’s battery is charged to at least over 60 percent.
- You have backed up all your important contacts, sms messges and call logs
- You have backed up all your important media content by saving it onto a PC.
- If your device is rooted, you have used Titanium Backup for apps and data.
- You have enabled USB debugging mode on the device by going to Settings>Developer Options >USB Debugging.
- You have an OEM data cable.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root & Install CWM Recovery on Xperia SOLA:
- Extract the file you downloaded above on your PC, you will see a Boot.img
- Place extracted elffile in the Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
- If you have the Android ADB & Fastboot full package, you can put the downloaded elffile in Fastboot folder or Platform-tools folder.
- Open folder where you placed img or Kernel.elf file.
- Pressand hold down the shift key while right clicking on an empty area in the folder, then click on “Open Command Window Here”.
- Turn off the Xperia Sola.
- Pressthe Volume Up Key and keep it pressed while plugging in the USB cable.
- You should now see a bluenotification light on your phone. This means the device is now connected in Fastboot mode.
- Type the following command:fastboot flash boot Kernel.elf
- Hit Enter and CWM 5 recovery will flash in your Xperia Sola.
- When recovery is flashed, issue this command “Fastboot Reboot”or else unplug your device and reboot it.
- Your device should reboot now, when you see the Sony logo and the pink LED,press Volume Up key and you will enter recovery.
- In recovery, clear Cache and Dalvik Cache and reboot.
- Your device is rooted now as well. Find SuperSu in the app drawer.
Have you installed a custom recovery and rooted your Xperia Sola?
Share your experiences with us in the comments box below.