Root A Sony Xperia Z3 Dual D6633
The Xperia Z3 Dual is a variant of Sony’s flagship Xperia Z3 with model number D6633. Like all the other variants of Xperia Z3, an update has been released to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Z3 Dual. The upgrade for the Z3 Dual has the build number 23.1.1.E.0.1.
If you have updated your Xperia Z3 Dual and are an Android power user, you’re probably looking for a way to gain root access on it now. In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can do that, follow along.
Prepare your phone:
- This method is only for the Sony Xperia Z3 Dual D6633 running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware with build number 23.1.1.E.0.1. Confirm that you have the correct phone model and software build number by going to Settings>About Device.
- Charge your battery so it has at least 60 percent of its power. This is to make sure that you don’t run out of power before the flashing process finishes.
- Back up your contacts, call logs and messages.
- Back up important media files by copying them manually to a PC or a laptop.
- Enable your device’s USB Debugging mode. To do so, you need to go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If you don’t have developer options in your settings, you need to first go to Settings>About Device. In about device, you should see your Build Number, tap your build number seven times then go back to settings. You should now see developer options.
- Have Sony Flashtool installed and set up on your device. After installing it go to Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install Flashtool, Fastboot and Xperia Z3 Dual drivers.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to make a connection between your phone and a PC.
- You may or may not unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on a PC.
Rooting Z3 Dual D6633 23.1.1.E.0.1 Firmware
1. Downgrade to 23.0.F.1.74 firmware and Root It
- This is only if you’ve updated your device, if you have not, you can skip ahead.
- Download0.F.1.74 ftf D6633 and flash it on your phone
- Root your device.
- DownloadDual Recovery Installer for Z3 Dual Z3-lockeddualrecovery2.8.14-RELEASE.installer.zip
- Unzip the file and then connectyour phone to the PC.
- Run installer, this will install the Dual Recovery on Phone.
2. Make A Pre-Rooted Flashable Firmware For 23.1.1.E.0.1 FTF
- Download the following onto your PC:
- Install PRF Creator.
- Run PRFC and add all the three other files you downloaded to it.
- Click create and a flashable ROM will be created.
- When the Flashable ROM is created, you will see a successful message.
- Don’t touch any of the other options while creating the pre-rooted
- Copy pre-rootedfirmware to phone’s internal storage.
- Root and Install Recovery on Z3 Dual 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware
- Turn off phone.
- Turn on and press volume up or down repeatedly. This will make you enter custom recovery.
- Click install and locate folder where the flashable zip is placed
- Tap to install
- Reboot phone.
- If phone is still to PC, disconnect it.
- Now go back to downloaded 23.1.1.E.0.1 ftf and copy it to /flashtool/fimrwares
- Open flashtool. Click on lightning icon at the top left.
- Click on flashmode.
- Select 23.1.1.E.0.1 firmware.
- In the right bar, in the exclude the System options while flashing. Leave every other options as is.
- Turn off your phone and, keeping the volume down button pressed, connect to PC. The phone will enter flashmode.
- Flashtool should automatically detect your phone and start flashing.
- After flashing phone will reboot
Have you rooted your Xperia Z3 Dual?
Share your experience in the comments box below.