Root Sony Xperia Z1
The Sony Xperia Z has received a new update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean that is based on build number 14.2.A.1.136. If you’ve updated your device, you’re probably looking for a way to root it.
- In this guide, we’re going to show you how to root a Sony Xperia Z1 that runs on 14.2.A.1.136 Firmware.
Before we begin, let’s have a quick rundown of the advantages of rooting your device:
- You get complete access over data which would otherwise remain locked by manufacturers.
- You will be able to remove factory restrictions.
- You will be able to make changes to internal systems as well as the operating system.
- You can install different applications that can enhance your devices performance.
- You will be able to remove built-in apps and programs.
- You can upgrade your device’s battery life.
- You can install apps which need root access.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia Z1 C6903/2/6943.
- Check device model by going to Settings -> About device.
- The root instructions in this guide are only for Xperia Z1 C6903/C6902/C6943running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 2.A.1.136 firmware.
- Check device firmware version by going to Settings -> About device.
- The battery has at least over 60 percent charge so power doesn’t run out during the flashing process.
- You’ve backed everything up.
- Back up you sms messages, call logs, contacts
- Back up important media content by copying to a PC
- If you device is rooted, use Titanium Backup for your apps and data.
- If you have a custom recovery installed, such as CWM or TWRP, use it to back your current system.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root Xperia Z1 Running Latest Android 4.3 14.2.A.1.136 Firmware:
- Install a CWM recovery first.
- Downloada SuperSu zip file. here
- Place the downloadedzip file on phone’s SDcard.
- Boot phone into CWM recovery.
- Turn off device
- Turn back on.
- When you see the Pink LED, press Volume Up Key rapidly.
- You will see the CWM recovery interface shortly.
- In CWM,select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > Select zip > Yes”.
- zipfile will flash. When flashing is complete, reboot device.
- Go to app drawer and find SuperSu. You can also try installing Root Checker app from the Play Store to check you’ve rooted the device successfully.
Is your Xperia Z1 rooted?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.