Root A Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V And Install TWRP Recovery On It
In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can root a Galaxy Note 4 and install TWRP recovery on it using Odin. We will flash the recovery and at the same time we will be flashing Super SU and this will root your device.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for use with the Samsung Verizon Galaxy Note 4. Using it with another device could brick it. Check your device model number by going to Settings>More/General>About Device or else try Settings>About Device.
- Charge your battery to at least 60 percent. This is to make sure your device doesn’t lose power before the process is finished.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to establish a connection between your phone and a PC.
- Back up you call logs, contacts and important SMS messages
- Back up important media files by copying them to a PC or laptop.
- Have a Back up EFS made.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup apps, system data and any other important content.
- If you had CWM or TWRP previously installed, create a Backup Nandroid.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Odin3 v3.10.
- Samsung USB drivers
Install TWRP Recovery On Verizon Note 4
- Open Odin
- Put your phone into download mode by first turning if off and waiting for 10 seconds. Then, turn your phone back on by pressing and holding the volume down, home, and power buttons at the same time. When you see a warning, press volume up,
- Connect your phone to a PC. Make sure that you’ve already installed the Samsung USB drivers.
- When your phone is detected by Odin, you should see the ID:COM box turn blue.
- If you have an Odin 3.09, choose the AP tab. If you have an Oding 3.07, choose the PDA tab.
- From either the AP or PDA tab, choose the .tar.md5 or .tar file that you downloaded, leave the rest of the options untouched.
- Ensure that the options selected in your Odin match the photo below.
- Hit start and flashing will begin. Wait for it to complete.
- When complete, you device should restart, remove it then from the PC.
Root Your Device:
- Connect device with PC.
- Copy and past the downloaded zip files to your sdcard’s root.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn the device off
- Open the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power buttons till text appears on screen.
- Tap Back-Upand Select System and Data
- Swipe theConfirmation Slider
- Tap Wipe Buttonand then Select
- Swipe Confirmation Slider.
- Return to Main Menuand Tap Install Button.
- Locate UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zipand Swipe the Slider To install .
- When Installation is Over, you will see the prompt: Reboot System Now
- Select RebootNow and your device should reboot.
- Use aRoot Checker app or go to your App drawer and check that Super SU app is there to confirm that you have rooted your device.
Have you installed a TWRP Recovery and rooted your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.