A Jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Some users like to jailbreak their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch right away so they can customize it. Jailbreaking their device allows them to add third party apps, replace stock apps, and change the colors and themes. The problem with jailbreaking is that it can leave your device prone to crashing.
If you’ve jailbroken your device but are tired of it crashing and want to go back to factory settings, we have a method for you. Follow along with our guide below.
Prepare your device:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Make a back up of your device with iTunes
- Disable the activation lock
Restore or Reset Jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to factory settings.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a PC or Mac.
- Open iTunes and check that your device connected.
- Press the Restore iPhone Button on your iTunes.
- You should now see a pop-up asking if you are sure that you want to restore your iPhone to its factory settings. Click the restore button to go on with the process.
- When your device’s factory settings have been restored, it should automatically restart.
Have you returned your jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to its factory settings?
Share your experience in the comments box below.