ClockworkMod 6 Recovery on the Sony Xperia SP
Sony Xperia SP is presently running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266, and this requires a different process of installing the ClockworkMod recovery for the device. This article will tackle the new process of installing the CWM Recovery for a Sony Xperia SP C5303 and C5302 with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 operating system.
For those who are new to this process, the purpose of a custom recovery is to allow the user to install custom ROMs, mods, and the like to the device. It also allows you to create a Nandroid backup, which is especially necessary if you wish to recover the performance of your device at any given time. Another use of custom recovery is that it lets the user to wipe the cache and dalvik cache from the device.
Before proceeding with the process, make sure that you have read and understood the following important notes:
- This step by step instructions is only applicable for Sony Xperia SP C5303 or C5302. If this is not your phone, do not proceed. If you are not sure what the model of your device is, you may check it by going to the Settings menu and clicking About Device.
- Similarly, this instruction guide can only be used for Sony Xperia SP with the operating system Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266
- The remaining battery of your device should be more than 60 percent. This will prevent you from encountering power issues while you are installing CWM 6 Recovery.
- If you will be using a laptop rather than a computer, and if you intend to keep it unplugged, make sure that your laptop has enough remaining charge to finish the installation.
- Verify that you have unlocked the bootloader of your Xperia SP
- Also check if you have installed Sony Flashtool.
- You also need to install drivers by pressing Flashtool, then clicking Drivers, then selecting Flashtool-drivers, then clicking Flashmode, Fastboot, Xperia SP, and pressing Install.
- Backup important files and data on your device, including your contacts, call logs, SMS medssages, and media content. If you have a rooted device, you may use Titanium Backup to backup your apps and other data.
- Backup your current system also by using CWM or TWRP custom recovery if you have a flashed one.
- Use the OEM data cable to connect your phone to your computer or laptop.
- Read and follow all of the instructions here properly. .
- The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs, and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you device to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Installing ClockworkMod 6 Recovery on your Sony Xperia SP C5303 or C5302 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 Firmware
- Downlaod the Doomlord’s Advanced Stock Kernel with CWM Recovery
- Copy the Kernel.elf file in the minimal ADB and fastboot folder. If you are using the full version of the Android ADB and Fastboot, you may copy the file either in the Platform-tools folder or in the Fastboot folder
- Open the folder where you saved the Kernel.elf file. Press the Shift key and hold it while right clicking on an empty area in the folder.
- Select Open Command Window Here
- Shut down your Sony Xperia SP
- Press and hold the volume u[ button, and simultaneously connect the device to your computer using the OEM data cable. A blue light should appear on the Xperia SP’s notification light. This is an indicator that your phone is connected in Fastboot mode
- Type “fastboot flash boot Kernelname.elf” then press Enter. CWM 6 Recovery should be flashed on your phone
- Type “Fastboot Reboot” or unplug your phone from your laptop or computer and restart it
- Once the Sony logo and the pink LED appears on the screen, click the volume up button. This will bring you to the custom recovery.
- Clear your Cache and Dalvik Cache
- Restart your device again.
That’s about it! You have successfully installed CWM 6 Recovery on your Sony Xperia SP. Do not hesitate to type your queries or suggestions in the comments section if there is anything that you wish to voice out about the topic presented.