The Sony Xperia P The Honami MoonWalker V8 Android 4.1.2 JB
Sony stopped releasing firmware updates for the Xperia P, the last being to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, however, if you still want to update your device there are custom ROMs.
XDA senior member Pandemic has developed the Honami MoonWalker V8, a custom ROM for the Xperia P that is based on stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 6.2.A.1.100 firmware.
In this post, we’re going to show you how you can install Honami MoonWalker V8 Ultimate Custom ROM on a Sony Xperia P LT22i.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure you have an Xperia P LT22i running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. This guide shouldn’t be used with any other device.
- You have CWM recovery or kernel installed on your phone.
- Your phone’s battery has at least over 60 percent of its charge.
- You have backed up your important contacts, call logs and messages.
- You have backed up your important media content by copying it onto a PC.
- If you have a rooted device, use Titanium Backup on all your apps and data.
- If you have a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP, you have used it to back up your current system.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Honami MoonWalker V8 on an Xperia P:
- Download Honami MW V8 Ulimate ROM.zip.
- Save the downloaded custom rom zip file to the SDcard of your phone.
- Boot your phone into custom recovery by first turning if off completely then turning it back on.
- When you see a pink LED, press the volume up key, you should then go to recovery.
- From CWM recovery, mount system and data. If it is mounted already, just ignore it.
- Select install>choose zip from SDcard>Honami MW V8 Ultimate.zip>yes. This should install the ROM.
- When the ROM is installed, wipe factory data.
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Reboot the phone. The first boot could take around 10 minutes, just wait.
- After the first boot, reboot a second time.
After the second boot you should find that you have the ROM installed on your phone.
Have you installed Honami MoonWalker V8 on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.