HTC released their latest flagship, the HTC One M9, last month. This device has some nice high-end features and comes running Android 5.0 Lollipop right out of the box.There are some nice custom ROMs available for the HTC One M9, one of which is Android Revolution HD. This ROM is stock-based and comes with a lot of tweaks and customizations.In this guide, were going to show you how you can install Android Revolution HD Custom ROM on an HTC One M9. Follow along.
Prepare your device:
- This guide should only be used with a HTC One M9.
- Charge the battery to at least over 60 percent.
- Unlock the device’s bootloader.
- Have a custom recovery installed. Afterwards, use it to make a backup nanroid.
- You need to use Fastboot commands to install this Android Revolution HD Custom ROM. Fastboot commands only work with a rooted device. If your device isn’t rooted yet, root it.
- After rooting your device, use Titanium Backup
- Backup SMS messages, call logs, and contacts.
- Backup any important media content.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, Android Revolution HD Custom ROM and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Android Revolution HD Custom ROM: Link
- Enable USB debugging. Go to Settings>Developers Option. Tick USB debugging.
- Configure Fastboot/ADB on your PC.
- Extract the Android Revolution HD.zip file. In either the Kernal Folder or the Main Folder you should find a file called boot.img. Copy and pste this file to the Fastboot folder.
- Turn the phone off and open it in Bootloader/Fastboot mode by pressing and hold the volume down and power buttons till you see text appear on screen.
- Open a command prompt in the fastboot folder. Hold the shift key and right click anywhere.
- Type: fastboot flash boot.img.
- Press enter.
- Type: fastboot reboot.
- Press enter.
- After your device reboots, take the batty out and wait 10 seconds before turning the device back on.
Install Android Revolution HD Custom ROM:
- Connect device
- Copy and paste the downloaded files to the root of device’s SD card.
- Open device in recovery mode by following the steps below:
- Open command prompt in the fastboot folder
- Type in the following: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose type of custom recovery you have and follow one of the guides below.
For CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Use your Custom Recovery to make a backup of your ROM. Go to Back-up and Restore, from there, choose Back-up.
- Return to the main screen.
- Go to Advance and then choose Dalvik wipe cache
- Go to Install zip from SD Card. You should see another window open.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset.
- Select the option Choose Zip from SD card.
- Select the Android Revolution HD.zip file first.
- Confirm you want the file installed.
- Repeat these steps for the Gapps.zip.
- When installation is finished, choose +++++Go Back+++++
- Now, select Reboot now.
- Tap on the Backup option.
- Select System and Data. Swipe confirmation slider.
- Tap the Wipe Button.
- Choose Cache, System, and Data. Swipe confirmation slider.
- Return to main menu.
- Tap install button.
- Find the Android Revolution HD.zip and the Gapps.zip.
- Swipe confirmation slider to install both files.
- When the files are flashed, you will be prompted to reboot your system. Select Reboot Now.
Have you installed this Android Revolution HD Custom ROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.