Install Official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop On A Galaxy S4 I9500
Samsung has begun rolling out Android 5.0.1 Lollipop updates for the Galaxy S4 I9500 in Russia. The update is available only with OTA not Kies or any other means. Though the update is based in the Russian region, it isn’t restricted to Russian users, all you need is the same model number i.e. I9500.
We have a method update the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop with Samsung’s flashtool Odin3. Follow along.
- This guide should only be used with a Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
- Go to Settings -> About Device. You should see your device’s model number.
- If you use this guide on any other device it could brick the device.
- Charge your phone to at least over 60 percent. If your device loses charge before the flashing finishes, you could brick your device.
- Back up everything on your Android device. As clean install is a recommended step in this guide, you’re going to have to wipe the device to install the firmware. Back up your contacts list, call logs, messages and your important media content.
- If your device is already rooted, back up EFS.
- Make sure to install Samsung USB drivers.
- Turn off all Samsung Keis and other software when you used Odin3. If you don’t this software could interrupt Odin3 and the firmware might not flash.
- Have your antivirus software and firewalls disabled during the flashing process.
- Have a OEM data cable. If you use an ordinary data cable, the flagship process might be interrupted.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Download and Install:
- Odin3 v3.09.
- Firmware file to get the .tar.md5 file
Installing Official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on a Galaxy S4 I9500
- Wipe device complete to have a neatinstallation.
- Boot into recovery mode
- Perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put GT-I9500 in download mode.
- Turn off and wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn back on by pressing and holding down on the volume, home and power buttons simultaneously
- When you see a warning, press Volume Up
- Connect GT-I9500 to PC. Make sure SamsungUSB drivers have been installed before connecting.
- When Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box will turn blue.
- Go to the AP tab. Select firmware.tar.md5 ortar
- If you are using Odin 3.07, select “PDA” tab instead of AP tab. The rest of the options remain the same..
- Make sure options selected are exactly as shown in the photo below
- Hit start. Wait till flashing is complete. The flashing process box will turn green when successful.
- Disconnect device and manually reboot it by pulling out the battery, placing it back in and turning the device on.
If you followed the directions correctly, your device should now be running on official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware.
How do you find the new Lollipop firmware?
Let us know in the comment box section below