Install NexSense With Sense 6.0 On The Nexus 5
In this guide we’re going to show you how you can update your LG Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.2 using NexSense with Sense 6.0 Custom ROM.
While there are official ROMs out there, sometimes custom RONS are better as they can give you greater performance speeds by allowing you to use tweaks and system tools that won’t be available to you in a official ROM.
Prepare your phone
- This guide will only work with a LG Nexus 5. Check you have the proper device by going to Settings>About
- Charge your battery to 60-80 percent.
- Back up all important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Back up your mobiles EFS Data.
- Unlock your device’s bootloader.
- Enable your phone’s USB debugging mode.
- Download USB drivers for Nexus devices.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Android 4.4.2 NexSense : Link | Mirror | Mirror | Mirror
- Google Apps (NexSense_Path-GalaxyUser.zip): Link
- Connect device to PC.
- Copy and paste the files you downloaded to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Disconnect the device.
- Turn off your device and turn it back on in Bootloader/Fastboot mode. To do so, you need to press and hold down the power and volume down button until you see text on-screen.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- In bootloader, choose recovery.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your current ROM.
- Go to Back-up and Restore.
- Follow the On-Screen Instructions.
- When the Back-up is done, choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Go to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Go to ‘Install zip from sd card’. You should see another window open up in front of you
- From the options presented ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select Android4.2 NexSense.zip file and confirm installation.
- Next, flash NexSense_Path-GalaxyUser.zip.
- When installation is through, select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now
Note: It is optional but recommended that you make a back-up of your Current ROM
Do so by:
- Tapping Back-up and selecting System and Data.
- Swipe slider and back-up will begin.
When the back up has been created follow these steps
- Tap Wipe Button
- Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe Confirmation Slider.
- Go to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4.2 NexSense and NexSense_Path-GalaxyUser.zip ,
- Swipe the Slider to install
- When Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Have you got Android 4.4.2 KitKat running on your LG Nexus 5?
Share your experience in the comments box below.