Install Latest TWRP Recovery
If you want to go beyond the boundaries and tweak your Samsung Galaxy Note 2, you need a custom recovery. Installing a custom recovery will allow you to used mods and custom roms on your device.
In this guide, we’re going to walk you through how to install TWRP recovery in the Galaxy Note 2.
This custom recovery works for all variants of this device.
Before we begin, make sure of the following:
- You have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Check your device’s model number by going to Settings>More>About Device.
- Your device’s battery has at least 60 percent of its charge so it doesn’t run out of power before installation is completed.
- You have backed up all your important contacts, call logs, messages and media content.
- You have an OEM data cable to connect your phone to a PC.
- You have turned off any anti-virus programs and firewalls in your PC.
- You have enabled USB debugging mode on your phone.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup on your important apps and system data.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Download and Install:
- Samsung USB drivers.
- Odin3 v3.09
- The appropriate TWRP recovery for your device:”
- TWRP Recovery8 for International Galaxy Note 2 GT – N7100
- TWRP Recovery8 for LTE Galaxy Note 2 GT – N7105
- TWRP Recovery7 for Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH – L900
- TWRP recovery7 for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH – T889
- TWRP Recovery7 for Canadian Galaxy Note 2 SGH – i317M
- TWRP Recovery 2.7 for At&t Galaxy Note 2 SGH – i317
- TWRP Recovery7 for Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH – i605
- TWRP Recovery7 for SK Telecom Galaxy Note 2 SHV – E250S
- TWRP Recovery7 for KT Galaxy Note 2 SHV – E250K
- TWRP Recovery 2.7 for Quincy T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-879
Install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2:
- Put phone indownload mode by turning it off completely. Turn back on by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Button + Power When you see a warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect phone to your PC.
- You should see the ID:COM box inOdin turn blue, that means the phone is connected properly and is in download
- Click PDAtab in Odin and select downloadedtar file and allow it to load. Odin should look exactly as shown below.
- If you javeOdin 09, go to “AP” tab instead of PDA tab, otherwise, there is no difference, Odin should still look as shown below.
- Press start and wait for your device to flash the recovery and reboot.
- When the device reboots, press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. This should allow you to access the newly installed TWRP Touch Recovery.
- Now you can backup your current ROM and do other things using options inTWRP Recovery.
- Make an EFS backup and save it on your PC also. You will also find this option inTWRP Recovery.
How to Root:
- You can root your device now by downloading SuperSu zip file here
- Place downloadedfile on phone’s sd card.
- Open TWRP Recoveryand then select Install > SuperSu.zip and flash it.
- Reboot device and you should find SuperSuin app drawer. This means your device is now rooted as well.
Do you have TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
Share your experience in the comments box below.