HTC Sensation XL KingKobra 4.2.2
As the HTC Sense 5 is only being made available for devices that were released in 2012, owners of the HTC Sensation XL will be getting updates because there are none available for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or above.
Developers at XDA have developed a ROM for the HTC Sensation XL which can be used to give XL users a taste of Sense 5 and Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2. And in this guide, we’re going to show you how to install it.
The KingKobra 4.2.2 ROM can be installed on the HTC Sensation XL, but before we do so, make sure of the following:
- This particular tutorial is only for HTC 4.2.2+Sense 4 on HTC Sensation XL.
- Your device is rooted and you’ve installed the latest TWRP or CWM Recovery on it.
- You have enabled USB debugging.
- You have charged your device so its battery level is 85 percent or more.
- Now you can use this with S-Off and S-On devices. However, if you are in S-On, your going to need to flash boot.img separately.
- Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Settings>Developer options> USB debugging.
- Have ADB and Fastboot drivers configured on your PC?
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install KingKobra 4.2.2 + Sense5 for HTC Sensation XL:
- Download KingKobra ROM Android 4.2.2 for the HTC Sensation XL onto your computer. here
- Extract the downloaded .zip file. You will find a file called boot.img in either the Kernal Folder or the Main Folder.
- Copy and paste boot.img file to your Fastboot folder.
- Copy and paste the Android 4.2 zip file and place it on the root of your SD card.
- Turn off the phone and open it in bootloader/fast boot mode. Do so by pressing and holding down on the volume down and power button until text appears on the screen.
- When in bootloader/fast boot mode, go to the open command prompt in the Fastboot folder. Do so by holding down the shift key and right clicking anywhere in the folder.
- Type the following command: fast boot flash boot boot.img. Press enter.
- Type in the following command: fast boot reboot. Press enter.
- When the reboot is through ,take out your devices battery and keep it out for least 10 seconds.
- Reinsert the battery and go back to bootloader/fast boot mode.
- When in bootloader/fast boot mode, select recovery.
- Choose: Wipe Cache
- Choose: Advance>Delvik wipe cache
- And Choose: Wipe data/factory reset
- Also Choose Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card.
- Select: JB 4.2.zip file and confirm installation.
- +++++Go back. and then Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Have you upgraded your HTC Sensation XL to Android 4.2.2 KingKobra Jelly Bean?
Share your experience in the comments box below.