The Huawei Ascend P6-U06
Bad news, it looks like the Huawei Ascend P6 is not getting an update to Android 4.4 KitKat official firmware. If you own an Ascend P6, don’t despair, we’re going to show you how you can get an update to a KitKat like experience with a custom ROM.
The HYD52ROM V7 is build from Kitkat Beta With EMUI2.3. It can be used to update the Huawei Ascend P6 as long as the device has a custom recovery and is rooted. Follow along with our guide.
Before we begin, you are going to have to make sure of the following:
- Your device is a Huawei Ascend P6. This guide is solely for that particular device.
- Your battery is well charged to at least 85 percent or more
- You have backed up all important contacts, call logs and messages.
- Your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed on it. However, the older version of ClockworkMod recovery is not recommended for use with the ROM we are installing here. Get the latest version of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery.
- You have enabled USB debugging mode on the device. Do so by going to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Now, download the following:
- Android 4.2.2 HYD52ROM
- Huawei USB drivers
- Google Apps
Now, on to installation:
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Copy and paste the three downloaded zip files to the root of the phone’s SDcard.
- Disconnect the phone and the PC.
- Turn the phone off.
- Go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode. You do this by pressing and holding the power and volume down buttons until you see some on-screen text.
- Choose “recovery”
For CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users:
- Choose “wipe cache”
- Go to “advance” and from there choose “Devlik Wipe Cache”
- Choose “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Go to “install zip.” Another window should open in front of you.
- From the options presented, pick “choose zip from SD card”.
- Select the file Android 4.4.2 HYD52ROM.zip. Confirm that you want to install the file.
- When the installation is finished, go back and flash Google apps.
- When Google apps is flashed, select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select “reboot now” and the system should reboot.
For TWRP Users:
- Choose Wipe Button. Select: cache, system, data.
- Swipe on Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to the main menu. Tap the Install Button.
- Find the Android 4.4.2 HYD52ROM.zip and Google Apps. Swipe Confirmation Slider, and the two files will begin installation.
- When installation is finished, you’re going to see a prompt to reboot the system.
- Select Reboot Now and the system should reboot
How-To Solve A Signature Verification Error:
- Open “recovery”
- Go to “install zip”
- Go to “toggle signature verification”. Press the power button to see if it is disabled. If it is not, disable it.
If you followed the guides correctly, you should now see that your Huawei Ascend P6 is running Android 4.2.2 HYD52ROM.
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.