Install CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 Lollipop HTC Sensation
The HTC Sensation’s last official update was the Android 4.0 ICS. It has received Android version updates from Custom Support including Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via Viper S and to Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat via CM 11.
The latest Android version update is Android 5.0 Lollipop from CM 12. If you have a HTC Sensation, and your want to install this ROM, this is how you go about it.
First, prepare your phone.
- Make sure that your device is an HTC Sensation. Using the ROM in this guide on another device will result in bricking.
- Check your model number by going to Settings -> About Device.
- Make sure your battery is charged to at least over 60 percent.
- Make sure you have rooted your device.
- Back up all important data
- Back up SMS Messages, Call Logs, Contacts
- Back up Media by copying files manually to PC or Laptop.
- For rooted devices use Titanium Backupfor apps, system data and important content.
- If you have installed CWM or TWRP, backup Nandroid
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Second, download the following:
- CM 12
- Google Apps
Third, Flash the boot.img
- Make sure that your PC has Fastboot/ADB
- Go to your CM 12 download, extract the .zip file
- There should be a Kernal Folder and in this folder will be a file boot.img
- Copy and paste boot.img in the Fastboot folder.
- Turn off your phone and turn it back on in Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
- Simultaneously press and hold down on the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Press the shift key and right click in the Fastboot folder. This should make the Open Command prompt appear.
- Type command fastboot flash boot boot.img then press Enter.
- Type command fastboot reboot
Fourth, install CyanogenMode 12.
- Connect device to PC.
- Copy and Paste Above zip files to root of SDcard.
- Open Recovery mode.
- Connect device to PC
- In Fastboot folder open Command Prompt
- Type: adb reboot bootloader
- From Bootloader choose Recovery
Lastly, into the recovery
- Using the Recovery, back up ROM
- Go to Back-up and Restore on the next screen then choose Back-up
- After Back-up is complete return to Main Screen
- Go to advance. Choose Devlik Wipe Cache
- Go to Install zip from sd card, this should open another window.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- From Options, select choose zip from sd card
- Choose zip file. Confirm installation on the next screen.
- Flash the zip
- When installation is over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Choose Reboot Now and reboot the system.
Are you going to install this ROM? Tell us what you think?