Samsung Galaxy Tab Recovery
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210/210R and are looking to install a custom recovery in it, we have the guide for you.
In this guide we’re going to walk you through installing either CWM Recovery v 188.8.131.52 or TWRP Recovery 2.8 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0. But, before we do, here are a few reasons why you might want a custom recovery on your device:
- It allows you to install custom roms and mods.
- Allows you to create a Nandroid back up which will let you return your phone to its previous working state
- If you want to root a device, you need custom recovery to flash SuperSu.zip.
- If you have custom recovery you can wipe cache and dalvik cache
Prepare the Tablet:
- Make sure your tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM T210 or T210R. Don’t use the guide with other devices.
- Check device model number: Settings > General> About Device.
- You tablet’s battery is charged to at least over 60 percent. This is to ensure that your device doesn’t run out of power before the flashing process ends.
- Back up your important media content, sms messages, contacts and call logs.
- You have a OEM data cable to connect the tablet to a PC.
- You have switched off your anti-virus programs and firewalls.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Download and Install:
Install CWM 6 or TWRP 2.8 on Samsung Galaxy Tab:
- Openexe on your PC.
- Put your tablet into download mode.
- Turn it off.
- Turn it on by pressing and holding down on Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key
- When you see a warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect the tablet to your PC.
- You should see the ID:COM box inOdin turn blue now, this means your tablet is connected and in download mode.
- Click on the PDAtab in Select the downloaded Recovery.tar.zip file and allow it to load. Untick all the options in Odin, except F.Reset Time. [Untick Auto-Reboot]
- Hit start and wait, it will take a few seconds, but recovery should flash now
- When recovery finishes flashing, your tablet should remain indownload mode, unplug the cable and the turn your tablet off manually by keeping the power key pressed.
- Now turn the tablet on by pressing and holding down on Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. This should allow you to access the CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery that you just installed.
Have you installed a custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.7.0 SM-T210/T210R?
Share your experience in the comments box below.