Xperia Z3 Compact D5803/D5833 23.1.A.1.28 Firmware
The Xperia Z3 Compact has received an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The build number of this update is 23.1.A.1.28. if your device has had the update, you’re going to find that you’ve lost root access. If you want to root the device again, we suggest you follow the guide we have here.
This guide is going to show you how to root and install CWM + TWRP recovery in the Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 and D5833 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.1.28 firmware keeping the bootloader locked/unlocked.
Some reminders before we begin:
- This guide is only for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, D5833.
- Check your devices model number by going to Settings -> about device
- WARNING: Trying to this rooting method in devices other then the once specify could brick the device.
- You need to charge your battery to at least over 60 percent. If your battery drains before the rooting process finishes, it could brick the device.
- Back up your SMS Messages, Contacts, Call Logs and Media files
- Enable your device’s USB Debugging mode.
- Try going to settings->developer options->USB debugging.
- If there is no developer options in settings, try settings -> about device then tap the “Build Number” seven times
- Have Sony Flashtool installed and set up
- When installed, open the Flashtool folder
- Install: Flashtool, Fastboot and Xperia Z3 Compact drivers.
- If you can’t find Flashtool drivers while in Flashmode, install Sony PC Companion for driver support.
- Have a OEM data cable that you can use to connect your phone and a PC or laptop
- Unlock the Bootloader of your Xperia device.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap
occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Steps to Rooting Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, D5833 23.1.A.1.28 Firmware
First Step: Downgrade to.77/.93 firmware and root this
- If your device was previously updated to Andorid 5.0.2 Lollipop, downgrade to KitKat OS and root it.
- Install 23.0.A.2.93 firmware here using Flashtool
- Root this firmware.
- Install XZ Dual Recovery.
- With the phone rooted, make sure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Download the latest installer for the Xperia Z3 Compact (Z3-lockeddualrecovery2.8.10-RELEASE.installer.zip)
- Use the OEM data cable to connect the phone to your PC.
- Run install.bat. This will install custom recovery.
Second Step: Create pre-rooted flashable firmware for .726 FTF.
- Download the following:
- Run PRFC and add downloaded files b, c, and d.
- Click “Create”. This will create the Flashable ROM. When it is through, a successful message will apprear.
- Copy the software you pre-rooted in the first step to your phone’s internal storage.
Note: if you don’t want to create pre-rooted firmware you can actually skip these two steps and download a pre-rooted flashable.zip./
Step 3: Root and Install Recovery on Z3 Compact D5803/D5833 .28 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn it on and then press volume up or down repeatedly. This should bring you to custom recovery.
- Click install and find the folder where you previously placed the flashable zip.
- Tap on the flashable zip to install it.
- Reboot phone.
- If phone is still connected to the POC, disconnect the USB cable.
- If you downloaded .28 ftf in the second step, go to it and copy it to /flashtool/firmwares
- Open flashtool and then click on the lighting icon located at the top left corner. Click on flashmode.
- Select .28 firmware.
- On the right bar, you will see the exclude options. Exclude Systems, leave all other options as is.
- While flashtool is preparing the software for flashing, turn the phone off.
- While pressing the volume down button, connect the phone to the PC with the USB cable. This will make the phone enter flashmode.
- Flashtool should automatically detect your phones flashmode and start flasing.
- Enjoy having Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware.
Have you installed the latest Android in you Xperia Z3 Compact?
Share your experience in the comment section box below.