Install CWM Recovery In the Xperia TX LT29i
Sony has recently updated their mid-range device, the Xperia TX to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Those who have updated their Xperia TX will find that they now need to run a CWM Recovery.
In this guide, we are going to walk you through how to install CWM [ClockworkMod] Recovery on Xperia TX LT29i running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2A.0.295 firmware.
Before we do so, let’s look into the reasons you might want to have a custom recovery on your device.
- So you can install custom roms and mods.
- So you can make a Nandroid backup, save the previous working state of your phone.
- Sometimes, to root your phone, you need to flash a SuperSu.zip file. zip needs to be flashed in custom recovery.
- You can wipe cache and dalvik cache.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia TX.
- Check your device model by going to Settings -> About device.
- This CWM recovery is only for a Sony Xperia TX that is running stock or stock based Android 4.3 [9.2.A.0.295].
- Check firmware version inSettings- > About Device.
- Android ADB and Fastboot drivers have been installed.
- The device’s bootloader has been unlocked.
- The battery has at least over 60 percent charge so it doesn’t run out of power during flashing.
- You’ve backed everything up.
- Back up you sms messages, call logs, contacts
- Back up important media content by copying to a PC
- If you device is rooted, you can use Titanium Backup for your apps and data.
- USB debugging mode has been enabled
- Settings -> Developer Options ->USB debugging.
- You have an OEM data cable that can connect your phone and a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install CWM 6 Recovery on Sony Xperia TX:
- Downloadthe file Kernel with CWM Recovery
- Extract downloaded .zip file, you will find aelf file.
- Place extracted elffile in Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
- If you are have the Android ADB & Fastboot full package, just place the downloaded (Extracted) elf file in either the Fastboot folder or the Platform-tools folder.
- Open folder where elf file is placed.
- While pressing and holding down the shift key, right click on any empty area in the folder, click on “Open Command Window Here”.
- Turn off the Xperia TX.
- Press the Volume Up Keyand keep it pressed while plugging in the USB cable.
- You will see a blue light in the phone’s notification light, this means the device is connected in Fastboot mode.
- Type the following command:fastboot flash boot Kernel.elf
- Hit Enter andCWMrecovery will flash in your Sony Xperia TX.
- When recovery is flashed, issue command: Fastboot Reboot
- Device should reboot now, and, as soon as the Sony logo and the pink LED appears, press on Volume Up key to enter recovery.
Does your Xperia TX have CWM?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.