Install CWM Or TWRP Recovery
Sony has released a new update for a few of its devices, including the Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact. The new update includes the latest firmware based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat based on build number 14.3.A.0.108. If you’ve already updated your device with this firmware and have rooted it, you may want to install a custom recovery.
In this guide, we show you how to install ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery on the Xperia Z1 C6902/C6903/C6906/C6943 and the Xperia Z1 Compact D5503.
- This guide will only work for Xperia Z2 Compact D5503 and Xperia Z1 C6902/C6903/C6906/C6943
- You will need to have installed Sony’s USB drivers to avoid connection problems.
- You need to have your device rooted in the latest .108 firmware.
- Your battery will need to be charged to at least over 60 percent. Power issues could interfere with the rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging more. Try one of the following methods
- Settings> Developer Options > USB debugging mode
- Settings>About Device>tap Build Number seven times.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to establish a connection between your device and your PC.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on the phone:
- Settings> Security > Unknown Sources > Tick.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install CWM/TWRP [Dual Recovery] on your Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact [Locked/Unlocked BL]
- Download XZ1/Z1c/-lockeddualrecovery[VERSION]-BETA.installer.zip file for your device. here
- Extract downloaded installer.zip file. You will get install.bat andinstall.sh files.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Open Install.bat if you use Windows, if you use Mac, open install.sh
- When the command prompt opens, type “1”. Press enter.
- Installation will begin and will complete automatically in a while, just follow the on-screen instructions.
- When recovery is installed, disconnect phone and turn it off.
- Turn the phone on. When you see Sony logo, press the Volume Up key to enter CWM or else press Volume Down to enter TWRP.
You should have now installed Dual Recovery successfully on your Xperia Z1 or Xperia Z1 Compact running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat 14.4.A.0.108 firmware.
Have you installed Dual Recovery?
How has your experience been?