Install CWM 6 Recovery And Root The Sony Xperia M Dual
The current firmware for the Sony Xperia M Dual has the build number 15.5.A.1.5. The update for this firmware just rolled out a few days ago. If your one of those who have already updated your Xperia M Dual, you will need to install a custom recovery and root Sony Xperia M Dual to take maximum advantage of its capabilities.In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can install CWM [ClockworkMod] 184.108.40.206 recovery and root Sony Xperia M Dual C2004/C2005 running 15.5.A.1.5 firmware.
For the newbies, here’s a bit of an explanation about what custom recovery and rooting are and why you might want to have them on your phone.
- Allows the installation of custom roms and mods.
- Allows you to make a Nandroid back up which will allow you to return your phone to its previous working state
- If you want to root the device, you need custom recovery to flash SupoerSu.zip.
- IF you have custom recovery you can wipe cache and dalvik cache.
Root Sony Xperia M Dual
- Gives you complete access over data which would otherwise be locked by manufacturers.
- Removes factory restrictions
- Allows for changes to be made to the internal system and the operating systems.
- Allows you to install performance enhancing applications, remove built-in applications and programs, upgrade the devices battery life, and install app which need root access.
- Allows you to modify the device using mods and custom roms
Prepare your phone:
- This CMW recovery is only for use with an Xperia M C2004/C2005 running stock or stock based Android 4.3 Jelly Bean [15.5.A.1.5] Firmware.
- Check firmware version: Settings > About device
- Install Android ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Unlock your devices bootloader.
- Charge your phone to at least over 60%
- Back up important sms messages, contacts and call logs
- Back up important media content by copying it to a PC.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup for apps and data.
- If you have a custom recovery flashed on your phone, back your current system up with it.
- Make sure that USB Debugging Mode is enabled
- Go to Settings -> Developer Options ->USB debugging.
- If there is no Developer Options in your Settings, try Settings -> about device and then tap the “build number” seven times
- Have an OEM data cable to connect your PC and your phone.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install CWM 220.127.116.11 Recovery on Xperia M Dual C2004/C2005:
- Download: XM 4.3 CWM 18.104.22.168.img file. here
- Rename downloaded file: boot.img
- Place renamed Boot.img file in Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder
- If you have the Android ADB and Fastboot full package, place downloaded Recovery.img file in Fastboot folder or in Platform-tools folder.
- Open the folder where he Boot.img file is located. E.g Minimal ADB and Fastboot or Fastboot or Platform Tools.
- Press and hold down the shift key and then right click on any empty area in the folder, click on “Open Command Window Here”.
- Turn off the Xperia M Dual.
- Press the Volume Up Key and keep it pressed as you plug in the USB cable.
- You will see a blue light in the notification light of the phone. This means your device is connected in Fastboot mode.
- Type the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Hit Enter and CWM 22.214.171.124 recovery will flash on Xperia M Dual.
- When recovery is flashed, issue the command “Fastboot reboot”
- The device will reboot now. When you see the Sony logo, and the pink LED, press the Volume Up key to enter recovery.
Root Xperia M Dual Running Android 4.3 15.5.A.1.5 Firmware:
- Download zipfile.
- Copy downloaded.zip file to phone’s sd card.
- Boot CWM recovery.
- In recovery, select “Install>Choose Zip from SDcard > SuperSu.zip > Yes “.
- When recovery has finished flashing SuperSu.zipfile, reboot device.
- You should find SuperSu in the app drawer now.
Install busybox now:
- Go to the Google Play Store using your phone.
- Search for “Busybox Installter”.
- When you find it, install it.
- Run Busybox installer andproceed with installation.
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- Go to Google Play Store
- Find and install “Root Checker” here
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap on “Verify Root”.
- You will be asked for SuperSu rights, “Grant”.
- You should now see: Root Access Verified Now!
Have you root Sony Xperia M Dual?
Share your experience in the comment section box below.