Install ClockworkMod 22.214.171.124 or TWRP 2.7 Recovery
Huawei’s current flagship, the Ascent P6, is one of the most common Android devices used around the world. There are a number of custom ROMs, Mods and Tweaks that have been develop for this device but, in order to install them, you first need to have a custom recovery running.
Two good recoveries are the TWRP 2.7 and CWM 126.96.36.199recoveries for the Huawei Ascend P6. In this guide we teach you how to install them in your device, but first, a brief introduction into what custom recoveries are.
Custom recoveries basically allow for the installation of custom roms, mods, and others. They also allow you to make a Nandroid backup which in turn allows you to save the previous working state of your device. Sometimes, to root a phone, you need to flash SuperSu.zip in custom recovery. You can also wipe both the cache and dalvik cache of a phone with custom recovery.
Prepare your phone:
- This is only for the Huawei Ascend P6.Do not use with any other device.
- Check device model number: Settings >General> About device
- Charge phone to at least over 60%
- Back up important sms messages, contacts and call logs
- Back up important media content by copying it to a PC.
- Have an OEM data cable to connect your PC and your phone.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install CWM 188.8.131.52 Recovery:
- Device must have CWM 184.108.40.206 already installed here
- Download CWM 220.127.116.11 here update.zip file. Copy to phone’s sd card.
- Boot CWM Recovery on phone now by first turning it off completely. Turn it back on. When you see a Red LED, press the Volume Up or Down key several times, you should be taken to the CWM interface.
- In CWM, select Install > Choose Zip from SDcard > CWM 18.104.22.168 Update.zip > Yes.
- Proceed with installation.
- When done, reboot device.
- Boot into CWM 22.214.171.124 using method in step 3.
Install TWRP 2.7 Recovery:
- TWRP 2.7 will work only with Android 4.4.2 KitKat powered Huawei Ascend P6.
- You need to have installed Android ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC. Get
- Download TWRP 2.7 Recovery.img file. here
- Rename downloaded file to boot.img.
- Enable USB debugging mode on Huawei Ascend P6 and connect to PC.
- Open Fastboot folder in ADB and Fastboot drivers
- Press and hold down on the shift key and right click on any empty area in Fastboot folder. Click “Open Command Window Here”.
- From command prompt type “adb reboot bootloader”.
- This should reboot your phone into bootloader mode. From bootloader mode, push this command in command window “fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- This will flash TWRP 2.7 recovery in the device.
- When flashing is done, reboot device.
- Boot device into recovery by pressing both the Volume Up or Down Key when you see the Red LED.
- You should see TWRP recovery interface now.
Do you have a custom recovery on your Huawei Ascend P6?
Share your experience in the comment section box below.