The Xperia L With CM 12 Custom ROM
If you are the owner of the Xperia L and you want to experience Android Lollipop, the best way to do so right now would be to install a CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM.
In this guide, we will show you how to install this custom ROM in your Xperia L
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure that your phone is an Xperia L, otherwise you could brick the device. Go to Settings -> About Device to check what your model number is.
- You battery needs to be charged to at least over 60 percent. This should be enough to ensure that your device doesn’t go dead before the flashing process finishes. If your device dies before the flashing process is complete, you might end up bricking it.
- Unlock your device’s bootloader.
- You’ll need a custom recovery to install this ROM. Install one if you haven’t already.
- Back up all important information on your device: SMS messages, call logs, contacts, media.
- If you device is already rooted, used Titanium Backup.
- If you had previously installed CWM or TWRP, use Backup Nandroid.
Note: This is only for power users as the methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Installing CyanogenMod 12
- Download CM 12 build.zip file. Make sure it is for XperiaL here
- Download Gapps.zip file. Make sure it is for Android 5.0 Lollipop. here
- Copy both.zip files to phone’s internal storage
- Turn off phone and boot to Philz advanced touch recovery by turning on phone then quickly pressing Volume Up Key.
- In recovery mode, wipe phone completely (factory reset).
- Install zip- > choose zip from SD card -> select CM 12 build.zip file-> yes
- After flashing the CM 12 file, flash the Gapps file the same way.
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache in recovery mode.
- Reboot. First boot could take up to 10 minutes
Have you installed this ROM? Tell us how it’s working for you.