The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910C
The Galaxy Note 4 is one of the latest among Samsung’s devices to receive the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update, and the first one to receive this is the Galaxy Note 4 N910C in Poland or the Exynos Variant. Some changes to anticipate upon receiving the update is the completely redesigned user interface of TouchWiz (which is now based on the Material Design UI of Google), notification view in the lock screen, better battery quality, and improved performance and security.
The update can easily be obtained through Samsung Kies, but for those who are not in Poland and want to have the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop at this very moment, this article will teach you how to do that via Odin3. The Android 5.0.1 Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C in Poland has the build date June 2, 2015. Before proceeding with the installation, read the following reminders and necessary to-do things.
- This step by step guide will only work for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C. If you are not sure about your device model, you may check it by going to your Settings menu and clicking ‘About Device’. Using this guide for another device model may cause bricking, so if you are not a Galaxy Note 4 N910C user, do not proceed.
- Your remaining battery percentage should not be less than 60 percent. This will prevent you from having power issues while the installation is ongoing, and therefore will prevent soft bricking of your device.
- Backup all of your data and files to avoid losing them, including your contacts, messages, call logs, and media files. This will ensure that you will always have a copy of your data and files. If your device is already rooted, you may use Titanium Backup. If you already have an installed TWRP or CWM custom recovery, you may use Nandroid Backup.
- Use only your phone’s OEM data cable so that that the connection is stable
- Turn off Samsung Kies and antivirus software while Odin3 is open to avoid unwanted interruptions and issues
- Download Samsung USB drivers
- Download Odin3 v3.10
- Download the firmware
Step by step installation guide to update Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C to Android 5.0.1. Lollipop
- Make sure that your Galaxy Note 4 is ready for the upgrade to Android Lollipop. You have the option to use factory data reset and/or to open Recovery Mode
- Open Odin3
- Place your Galaxy Note 4 N910C to Download Mode. This can be done by shutting down your device and waiting for 10 seconds before turning it on again and long-pressing the home, power, and volume down buttons. When a warning appears on the screen, click the volume up button to proceed.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 4 to your computer or laptop using your OEM data cable. You will know that the connection has been successfully established if the ID:COM box in Odin turns blue
- Click the AP tab in Odin and choose the firmware tar.md5
- Press Start and wait until the flashing of the firmware has been successfully done. The box should light green when it has been successfully done
- Remove your device’s connection and restart your device.
- Remove your battery and put it back on before restarting your device
Congratulations! You have now successfully upgraded your device to Android 5.0.1. Lollipop. Meanwhile, keep in mind that it is better not to downgrade your phone’s OS to keep the EFS partition of your Galaxy Note 4 intact.
If you have additional questions about this easy step by step process, do not hesitate to ask through the comments section below.