Galaxy Grand Custom ROM
Samsung has released an update to Android 4.2.2 Firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Grand, and it’s likely that’s the highest update that particular device is going to officially get.
If you want a higher version on Android on your Galaxy Grand, such as Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, you’re probably going to have to install a custom rom. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to by using CM11.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Before we begin, make sure of the following:
- You have a Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082. Don’t use this guide with any other device.
- Your device is rooted and you’ve installed the latest version of TWRP or CWM Recovery.
- You have a USB cable that you can use to connect your phone to a PC.
- You have enabled USB debugging mode.
- You have changed your battery to 85 percent.
- You have backed up your EFS data.
Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082.
- Download the KitKat 4.4 Android firmware package for Galaxy Grand here and Google Apps to your PC here.
- Connect your Galaxy Grand to your PC using the USB cable. Transfer these downloaded files to your phone.
- Disconnect the phone and the PC.
- Turn the device off.
- Now, depending on which custom recovery you have on your device, follow one of the two guides we have below.
For CWM Recovery
- Turn the phone off and then open it in Recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power buttons until you see text on your phone screen.
- Choose to “Wipe Cache”.
- Navigate to “advance” and from there choose “Devlik Wipe Cache”.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset.”
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card”. You should see another window open.
- Now, go to “choose zip from SD card”.
- Choose CM11.zip and confirm that you want to install it.
- Perform steps 5-7 again, but this time choose the Gapps file.
- When you’ve installed both files, you will be prompted to “reboot system now”. Do so.
- Tap on the “Wipe”button. Then, select cache, system and data.
- Swipe the confirmation slider to wipe the three you selected.
- Go back to the main menu and from there, tap the install button.
- Find the downloaded Android 4.4.1 and Gapps files. Swipe slider to begin installation.
- When installation is over, you are going to be prompted to “reboot system now.”Do so.
So now your Samsung Galaxy GrandI9082 has Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Custom ROM.
Share your experience with us in the comment box below.