Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190
Samsung’s Galaxy S4 was unveiled in March of 2013, with the mini version released soon afterward. The Galaxy s4 mini gt-i9190 runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Samsung has yet to announce any firmware updates.
The latest version of Android is Android 4.4. KitKat and if you own a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and you want to run KitKat, you are going to have to install a custom ROM. The developers at Xda-developers forum have mad an Android 4.3 firmware based on CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM that can work with some variants of the Galaxy S4 Mini.
In this guide, we’re going to show you how to used CM 10.2 custom ROM to update the 3G variant of the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure that your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 is rooted and has CWM recovery installed. It needs to be CWM recovery. Using another custom recovery could brick the device.
- Charge the battery so it has over 60 percent power. This is needed to keep the phone from running out of power before the flashing process ends.
- Back up all important messages, contact and call logs.
- Use CWM recovery to create a backup of your ROM.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.3 using CM 10.2 custom ROM on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190:
- Download the following files and place them on your phone’s SD card.
- Boot the phone into recovery mode by:
- Turning it off completely.
- Turning it back on by pressing and holding down on the volume up, home and power buttons.
- Keep all the buttons pressed until you see “recovery mode”
- When you’ve achieved recovery mode do the following:
- Select: install zip from sd card>choose zip
- Choose the CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM that you downloaded in step 1
- Select: yes.
- The CyanogenMod file will take a while to install. Wait for it to finish.
- When the CyanogenMod installed, go back to step 2
- Repeat step 3 but instead of choosing the CyanogenMod ROM .zip, choose the Gapps .zip you downloaded in step 1.
- After Gapps has been installed, reboot your device.
NOTE: If after you have installed these files and rebooted your device you find yourself stuck in boot loop, reboot your phone into recovery mode and wipe the data/cache. Reboot the device again and you should find it works now.
So have you installed Android 4.3 CM 10.2 custom ROM on your Galaxy S4 Mini?
Have you installed Android 4.3 On A Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 With CM 10.2 Custom ROM ?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.