Root Access On A Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P
Samsung has already released a variant of their Galaxy S5 for the carrier Sprint. The device model is SM-G900P. In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can root this device.
Before we begin, let’s take a brief look at the reasons why you might want to have root access in your device.
Rooting gives you
- Complete access to all your phone’s data that would otherwise remain locked by manufacturers.
- The ability to remove factory restrictions
- The ability to make changes to the internal and operating systems
- The ability to install performance enhancing applications
- The ability to remove built-in applications and programs
- The ability to upgrade the device’s battery life
- The ability to install apps which need root access.
Prepare your phone
- This guide will only work with a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P Don ‘t use this with other devices. Check you have the proper device by going to Settings>General>About Device
- Charge your phone so it has at least over 60 percent of its battery life. This will prevent it running out of power during the process.
- Back up all important media content, messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to make a connection between your phone and a PC
- Turn off any anti-virus or firewall programs first to prevent connection issues
- Enable your phone’s USB debugging mode.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P:
- Extract the Odin file you downloaded
- Unzip the CF AutoRoot Package file you downloaded.
- Open Odin3.exe
- Put the device into download mode.
- Press and holding down the volume down, home and power buttons at the same time.
- You will see a screen with a warning asking if you want to continue, when you do press the volume up button
- Connect phone and PC.
- If you have made the connection properly, Odin will automatically detect your phone. If your phone is detected, you will see the ID:COM box turn light blue.
- Click the PDA tab. From there, select the CF-autoroot file
- If you have an Odin v3.09, click the AP tab instead of the PDA tab. Otherwise, everything is the same.
- Make sure that your Odin screen looks like the one below.
- Click Start and the rooting process will begin. You will be able to see the progress through a process bar found in the first box over ID:COM
- The process should finish in a few seconds and your phone should automatically restart in the end.
- When your phone restarts, you should see CF Autoroot installing SuperSu on the phone.
Check if the device is properly rooted:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Find and install “Root Checker”
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- You will be asked for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- You should see a message saying, Root Access Verified Now!
Have your rooted you’re Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P?
Share your experience in the comments box below.