Get Android 5.0 Lollipop On A Nexus 7 2013
Officially, Android 5.0 Lollipop will arrive with the Nexus 6, but there are preview versions of the Nexus 5 and 7. In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can get this preview version on a Nexus 7 2013.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for use with the Nexus 7 2013. To make sure you have the right device, check you model number by going to Settings>About device.
- Charge your battery to at least over 60 percent.
- Unlock your devices bootloader.
- Back up your SMS messages, contacts, and call logs
- Back up all your important media files by copying them to a PC or laptop.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup to back up your system data, apps, and other important content.
- If you already have CWM or TWRP installed, perform a Backup Nandroid.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Android 5.0 Image for Nexus 7: Link
Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Nexus 7 2013:
- Make sure Android SDK is installed on your PC. Also install Latest Google USBDrivers.
- Turn Off your device and then press and hold down the power and volume down buttons until your device turns on again in Bootloader mode.
- Unzip the Downloaded Factory Image file with .tgz extension. If you don’t see the files with .tgz extension, look for a file with .tar extension and change the extension to .tgr.
- Open Extracted Folder, you should find another Zip file in it, extract that one too.
- Copy all the Contents from razor-LPX13D to Fastboot folder
- Connect device to PC.
- In Fastboot Directory, Execute the following commands according to which OS you are running:
- On Windows: “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: “flash-all.sh”.
- Reboot your device and you should find you are now running Android 5.0 Lollipop Developer Preview.
Have you got Android 5.0 Lollipop Developer Preview on your device?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.