Get All Of Android Marshmallow’s Features
Samsung has announced that the official update of Android 6.0 Marshmallow for their Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge will be released around February 2016. If you can’t wait and want to get Marshmallow now, we have a ROM you can use.
The Ditto Note 5 ROM, or DN5, can now be installed on Samsung’s Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. By installing DN5 ROM on your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, you can get all the features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Follow along with our guide below and we will show you how you can flash Ditto Note 5 ROM on a Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge to get all the features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The DN5 was developed by Electron Team. They packed in almost all the cool features of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow into this ROM. This includes a new white background for the notification bar, a new and enhanced dialer and phone app and a new settings app. Samsung also improved the look of their TouchWiz UI in Marshmallow and, by installing DN5, you will get this on your S6 or S6 Edge.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide and the ROM we will be flashing is only for the Galaxy S6 SM-G920 F/I/S/K/L/T/W8and Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925 F/I/S/K/L/T/W8.
- Your device needs to be running the latest Android Lollipop firmware.
- You need to have TWRP recovery downloaded and installed on your device.
- You need to create a backup EFS for your device.
- You need to have a Nandroid backup made of your current system.
- You need to back up all important contacts, call logs and messages.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- The proper ROM zip file for your device:
- Fix Lockscreen DN5 V5.zip
- rar file
Install DN5 ROM on your Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and get all Android Marshmallow Features
- Copy the files you downloaded to the SD card of your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery by first turning it off completely, then turning it back on by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power button.
- From recovery, select Wipe>Advanced Wipe and choose System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. If you want, you can also do a factor data reset by tapping on Advance.
- Go back to TWRP recovery’s main menu. Tap Install>Locate Ditto Note 5 ROM.zip file. Swipe your finder on Flash to flash this ROM.
- Go back to the main menu again and tap Install. This time locate Fix Lockscreen DN5 V5.zip file. Swipe your finger on Flash to flash this file.
- Flash the Smart Manager file the same way.
- When you have flashed all three of these files, go to the option Advanced Wipe. Choose to wipe the cache and dalvik cache of your device.
- Tap the reboot option to reboot your device’s system.
- Wait for your device to reboot completely.
Have you gotten Android Marshmallow on your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?
Share your experience in the comments box below.