Fix Some Common Problems Of The HTC One M8
The HTC One M8 is a great device, but it’s not without its bugs. If you run into some of these common problems, it can be frustrating, but luckily we have some fixes for them. Check out our guide below.
Number 1: Phone Runs Slow!
This is not just a problem of the HTC One M8, but of almost all the Android devices. The common reasons for these problem could be bloat, some custom mods, tweaks and newly install apps, and a filled RAM. Here are a few solutions:
- Tap the Multi-Tasking Key. This is the glowing key on your right.
- Close all Unnecessary apps.
- Restart the device every now and then to make sure Apps are closed.
Number 2: LED Light Isn’t Working Properly!
Your LED lighting up shows you if you have received messages or other notifications. If your LED isn’t working, you could miss these. Your LED light not working could be because of hardware and software problems. Here are a few solutions to try
- Go to Settings > Display & Gesture > Notification Light. If you see that the notification light is turned off, turn it on.
- If the Problem started after installing a new App, uninstalling it first. Then try installing it again.
- Try a factory reset.
Number 3: Wi-Fi Always Losing Signals!
- A lot of times, when users turn on their Battery Saver Mode, this drops Wi-Fi signals if it’s not being used. When users see that their signal has dropped, they don’t realized it is a power saving move and think it’s a problem with your device getting Wi-Fi. If this is what happened to you, visit Battery Saver mode and change your settings.
- If you have pending updates to download or install, do so. Many times, updates have solutions to this problem.
- Restart router and then check the Mac address and Mac Filter
Number 4: SIM Card Problem!
- Take out the SIM and re-adjust it.
- If SIM is thin, put in a piece of paper to add thickness, so it ‘s not loose.
- Turn on Air-plane Mode and then, after a couple of seconds, turn it off.
- Check if your SIM card works in another device. If it doesn’t then you need to replace your SIM.
Number 5: Random Crashes!
- If the crashes started after installing a particular app, un-install the app.
- If the problem is extreme, do a Factory Reset
Number 6: Low Call Volume!
- Go to Settings > Call.
- See Hearing Aids and Turn in On
- Shift the Speakers Position or keep it a little away from your ear.
- Clean the Speakers
Number 7: No or Slow Screen Rotation!
- Try Screen Rotation on Media Player, if it works fine then the app you were using is faulty.
- Restart the device.
- Go to Settings > Display & Gestures > G-Sensor Calibration. Put your device on a hard and Tap Calibration.
- Perform a Factory Reset
Have you ever encounter any of above problems on your HTC One M8?
Share your experience in the comments box below.