Download iOS 8 GM
The latest Apple iOS, the iOS 8, will be released in their iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. If you have an older iPhone version, the 5, 5c and 4S, you can also install this as long as you have an Apple Dev account.
In this guide, we are going to show you how you can download and install Apple’s iOS 8GM on an iPhone 5s, 5c, T, 4S, iPad and iPod Touch.
Here is the complete list of Apple devices that are compatible with iOS8. If your device is on this list, you can use our guide.
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPad Air
- Retina iPad mini
- iPad mini 1
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPod touch 5
Install iOS 8 GM On iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4S, iPad, iPod touch:
- Sign up on iOS Dev center developer.apple.com/programs/ios/.
- Sign into iOS Dev Center https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action.
- Register your device using UDID.
- Find UDID by first connecting your device with iTunes. On iTunes’ left side you will see your info displayed, this includes your UDID.
- Add your device name and UDID in iOS Dev Center. developer.apple.com/account/ios/device/deviceList.action
- Go to the development portal and go to iOS 8 section.
- Choose the iOS 8 file for your device and download it.
- Downloaded file will be in .Zip format so extract it onto the desktop.
- Connect device with iTunes. You can do so by clicking on the restore button while holding down the shift button if you are in a Windows PC. If you are on a Mac, hold down the Alt key instead.
- Select your downloaded firmware. iTunes should begin installing the firmware. The process will take a few minutes to complete.
Have you installed iOS 8 on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.