Download iOS 8.4 And Install It On Your iPhone
Apple has released iOS 8.4 and in this post, we’re going to walk you through how to install it.
First thing you need to check is that your device is compatible with iOS 8.4
iOS 8.4 is compatible with the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad 2
- iPad (third-generation)
- iPad (fourth-generation)
- iPad Air
- iPad mini
- iPad mini with Retina display
- iPod touch 5G
Then download the appropriate file for your device. Here are download links for the different devices
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2 (Model A1566)
- iPad Air 2 (Model A1567)
- iPad mini 3 (Model A1599)
- iPad mini 3 (Model A1600)
- iPad mini 3 (Model A1601)
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad Air (Model A1476)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1489)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1490)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1491)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
For iPod touch:
Install iOS 8.4 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on General>Software update
- You should get the notification of a iOS 8.4 OTA update.
Before you proceed, you need to back up your device. A clean install is recommended so you need to wipe your device and before you do that, back up your iOS devices by using iTunes or iCloud.
Clean-up your device – Delete unused applications – Free up space
It is always recommended that you wipe applications that you don’t use a lot. This is especially true if you are going to be running a new iOS on your device. Having old apps will put a burden on your device’s new iOS. You should also clear your device as iOS 8 needs at least 1 GB of free space.
If you love jailbreak apps, you might want to skip the iOS 8 update first. There does not seem to be a Jailbreaker for iOS 8 yet. Also, if you update your device to the first build of iOS 8, you are not going to be able to downgrade the device back to iOS7.x to get jailbreak privileges.
Install iOS 8.4:
Through OTA Update
- This will take around 1 hours, so you have to charge your device well to make sure that it doesn’t run out of power before the process is through.
- Turn on your WiFi.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Updates.
- Your device should automatically check for an iOS update, if an update is found tap “Download” to download iOS 8 update.
- When the update is downloaded, your will get a notification. Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Install it.
- Download and install iTunes 11.4.
- When iTunes is installed, plug-in your device.
- Ppen iTunes and wait your device to be detected.
- When your device is detected, click “Check for updates”.
- If update is available via iTunes, downloading and installing will begin.
Have you updated your Apple device to iOS 8.4?
Share your experience in the comments box below.