Samsung has a new security solution, Samsung Knox, which allows users to create a new profile within their phone, much like you can create different users on Windows.
Deknox A Samsung Galaxy Device
Samsung has a new security solution, Samsung Knox, which allows users to create a new profile within their phone, much like you can create different users on Windows. This profile is very secure and private, only being accessible through use of a pass word.
Another feature of Knox is it has a separate store which allows users to install Knox compatible apps. Knox also keeps a check on your phone and makes its security quite strict – and that’s where the problem could come in.
Knox blocks all root apps and other unverified apps. This means that users of devices with Knox can no longer tweak their devices or install custom roms.
Samsung implemented Knox in the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and sent it to its devices that received an update to that OS. Samsung also implemented Knox warranty void on the bootloaders of devices that got the update.
]If you want to root your device, you need to freeze Knox first. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to temporarily disable and freeze Knox in order to get root access.
How-To disable Samsung Knox:
- First, you are going to need aTWRP or CWM Recovery installed on your device as this process involves running a tool from recovery.
- When you have installed either of these custom recoveries, download Ketan’s Multitool Mod v6. here Copy this to either your internal or external device storage.
- Boot intoTWRP Recovery. Do so by turning the device off first, then, turn it on by pressing and holding down Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see TWRP interface appere
- From the interface, tapInstall > Select the Dr Ketan Multitool v6.zip file> Swipe to confirm flash.
- The Multi Toolshould start now.
- MultiTool should now start showing you the things it can do for you.
- Choose: In Root > Select Do Not Change > Next.
- You should be inDeknox While there press Deknox Device>Next.
- Then: Recovery > Do Not Change > Next.
- BackupUtility > SkipBackup Utility > Next.
- Restore Utility > Skip Restore Utility > Next.
- Odex Remover > Skip > Next.
- Bloatware Remove > Skip > Next.
- CSC Features > Skip > Next.
- Build Prop Features > Skip > Next.
- LockScreen > Do Not Change > Next.
- System Push > Do Not Change > Next.
- GPS Fix > Do Not Change Next
- Install/ Flash > Run Now.
- Multitool Mod should now begin to run andDeknoxyour device within a few seconds.
- Reboot your device and you’re finished.
Have you tried Deknoxing your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.