Clearing Moto X’s Cache
If you have a Motorola Moto X and you find that your device is running slow, your facing lag issues or some apps are not working properly, a quick fix would be to clear your Moto X’s cache.
In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can clear the cache of your Moto X 2014.
Clear the cache on the Moto X:
- Turn of your Moto X.
- Press and hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons in order to enter Fastboot mode.
- In fastboot mode, you make a selection by using volume down to move towards the option you want and pressing the volume up button to make the selection.
- Choose recovery.
- When the Motorola logo appears, press the power button and keep it pressed for a couple of seconds. Then, press the volume up button and you should be booted into recovery.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition.
- Confirm that you want cache wiped by pressing power button.
- Wait a few seconds for the process to complete. When the cache is wiped, you should be automatically returned to the recovery menu.
- When your back in recovery, select reboot system now and then press power to confirm.
If it seems to be an app that is causing your problems, try the following steps.
- Go to Settings>Application Manager.
- In application manager, select the problematic app
- Choose to clear that apps cache.
Have you cleared the cache of your Moto X?
Share your experience in the comments box below.