Install Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P is running with the new update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. User all around the globe started getting this update into their hands through Samsung Kies or OTA updates. The update gives your device better stability as well as better performance.
The update is available in all regions, however, may take time. But if you want to get the update now you can take a look at a few steps here to install the official firmware of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It has a build number of I9105PXXUBMI1 which can only be updated on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9105P.
This is the list of the features that you can get when you update to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Features
- New Daydream Feature.
- New Lock Screen – Multi Pages and Lock Screen Widgets support.
- Settings UI restored. Options can be found in tabs.
- List and Grid viewing options for Notifications Panel.
- 3rd party apps can be moved to SD card with data with the new Move to SD Card option.
- Improved performance, bug fixes and more stable.
There are also requirements you need to have first before installing.
- Your battery should be charged up to at least 60%.
- The device’s model should only be GT-I9105P. Look at the Settings > About Device to confirm the model.
- Enable USB debugging in the Settings option. Go to the Developer options and USB debugging mode.
- Make sure you have backup of all your data in the internal storage including your contacts, messages and call logs. You will be wiping out data in your device. So to secure your important data, do not forget this part here.
- Use the original Samsung USB Cable when connecting to the computer.
- Know also that once you flash this new stock firmware, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, you will lose any root access as well as custom recovery.
Furthermore, you also need to download these:
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
- Download latest Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Galaxy S2 Plus Firmware here
- Also Download and extract Odin PC
You can download them all online.
These are the details of the Firmware:
Region: DBT – Germany
OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Build Date: 02.09.2013
Change List: 1571687
You can also follow this method using a different firmware. You can still get them online here.
Updating to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 Plus I9105
- Open Odin
- Extract the firmware file that was downloaded.
- Switch to your device to download mode by switching it off and switching it on again by holding down the Volume Down, Home Button and Power Key together. A warning will appear. To continue and select, use the Volume Up key. You are now in the download mode.
- Using a USB Cable, connect your device to the computer. The ID:COM box will turn blue once they are successfully connected.
- When you have accessed Odin:
- Go to the PDA tab. Give it the file in .tar.md5 format. This is the firmware.
- Next is go to the Phone tab and give the file for the Phone.
- Go also to the CSC tab and give the CSC file.
- Lastly, go to the Bootloader tab and give the Bootloader file.
If, however, you did not get any of these files, you can just ignore them.
So have you Install Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P ?
If you encounter problems or questions, feel free to leave a comment below.