Google Maps 8.0 Update
The update that Google has bestowed upon its Google Maps app has significantly improved user experience, not just in terms of functionality but also for an easier navigation. Some of the changes include the following:
- New changelog
- Easier search capabilities
- Directions for public transportation
- Better accuracy
- Users can now save maps and store them for offline use
- Save locations that you have been to
- Better support for offline maps. This feature can be seen in the profile button. It allows the user to download even a large area of a map for offline use. Maps stored offline exist only for 30 days, so be sure to remember to download it again before it expires from your system.
- The large area capacity for offline maps is extremely helpful especially when you are planning to go on a vacation, etc.
- Google Maps 8.0 allows you to review places that you have visited. All you have to do is click on the location then create your review.
- Google Maps 8.0 now allows you to input search filters so that the results would be more accurate. For example, if you are looking for a nearby coffee shop, you may filter your search by its open hours, its price, or by user ratings. You can also check the places that people in your circle have been to.
- The Navigation area of Google Maps 8.0 has obviously received a revamp in this new update. The latest layout of Navigation mode looks clean and very functional.
- The bottom bar of Navigation mode displays the distance of the location that you have chosen, as well as the approximate length of travel time.
- The bottom bar can be clicked to reveal the step-by-step instructions
- Google Maps 8.0 now has a lane guidance that is displayed on the upper left corner of your screen. Lane guidance identifies the lane where you should be so that you can be prepared for the next turn or expressway exit. This feature is very precise as it tells you exactly how many lanes there are on that given area. Given this characteristic, the lane guidance feature is available only on some areas – so don’t always expect it to be present.
- The map can also be zoomed out by clicking the double arrow button found at the bottom. Zooming out the map allows you to see different routes to the location that you have chosen.
- It is easier to study various routes towards your destination as you can simply tap on the given route to change the course. A box informs you of the estimate time that it will take you to reach your destination when using that route.
- Options for commuters are also made available and have been improved by Google. An option for hiring an Uber car is also incorporated into the system.
Do you like the new Google Maps 8.0? What can you say about it?
Tell us through the comments section below!