Fix Null IMEI Number On Your Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung’s latest flagship, the Galaxy S5 is a great device but it does have some problems. One of these is the “Null IMEI Number” issue. When this happens to your Galaxy S5, you can’t use many of the services like SMS, calls and mobile data.
This issue is not unique to the Galaxy S5, it happens in the Galaxy S3, Note 3, S4 and Note 3. In this post, however, we’re focusing on the Galaxy S5.
Follow along to get rid of this issue.
Fix Un-update firmware on Samsung Galaxy S5:
- First, open Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and then tap on About device.
- Select Software update.
- You should see a pop-up telling you that an update is ready for download.
- Tap on download and wait for it to finish.
- After downloading finishes, your device will reboot.
Restore and Fix null IMEI on Galaxy S5:
- Enter Debugging mode on your device
- Connect device to PC
- Download EFS Restorer Express
- Open the App and then double click the EFS-BACKUP.BAT file
- Select a method to restore the EFS via ODIN
Have you solved this issue on your Galaxy S5?
Share your experience in the comment box below.