The Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262
As far as low-end Android device’s go, Samsung’s Galaxy Star Pro is a pretty good one with some decent specs. Because of this, many users choose to stick with it and just try to go beyond manufacturer boundaries.
For a user to get the most of any Android device, one of the first things they need to do is gain root access. Rooting a phone gives the user complete access to data that would otherwise remain locked by manufacturers. If you have root access you can remove factory restrictions and make changes to your device’s internal systems and even the OS. With root access, you can install a variety of apps that will enhance your device’s performance. You can even remove built in apps or programs and replace them with apps that require root access. Root access also lets you install custom mods and roms.
For a Galaxy Star Pro user, a method to root their device has been hard to come by, until now. In this post, were going to show you a method you can use to gain root access on a Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262. Follow along.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide should only be used with a Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262. Check your device’s model by going to Settings>About Device.
- You should charge your device so it has 60 percent of its battery life. This is to prevent you from running out of power before the process is finished.
- Make a back up of your important contacts, messages, call logs and media content.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root The Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262:
- You will need a custom recovery, we recommend CWM recovery. Download and install the latest version of CWM recovery for your device/ CWM Recovery 6.tar.zip file
- Download SuperSu. Copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your phone.
- Boot your phone into CWM. To do so, turn it off then turn it on by pressing and holding down the volume up, volume down, home and power buttons at the same time. It will eventually boot up into the CWM recovery interface.
- Choose the following options: Install zip > choose zip from sd card > select SuperSu.zip > yes. This will flash the SuperSu file.
- When the file is flashed, reboot device.
- Go to your app drawer. If you find SuperSu there, you have successfully rooted your phone.
Do you have root access on your Galaxy Star Pro?
Share your experience in the comments box below.