Enable Kids Mode On A Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Kids Mode is a pretty cool feature that Samsung loaded onto the Samsung Galaxy S5. It’s a great way to make sure, if you have kids, that they can use your device safely without accidently affecting any of your settings or data.
When you turn on Kids Mode, the Galaxy S5 launches a special Kids Launcher that has its own camera and gallery applications as well as a few other fun apps that kids can use. Kids mode gives parents complete control over what their kids can access on their device. It’s the parents who set the access limits for the files/folders/app that their kids can access during kids mode.
Kids mode was first made available with the Galaxy S5 and it looks like most other gadgets afterwards will suit this feature.
If you have a Galaxy Tab 3, it’s not likely you will officially be able to get Kids mode, however, we have a way that you can do so “unofficially”. Follow our guide below to get Kids Mode on a Galaxy Tab 3.
Prepare your device:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210/SM-T210R/SM-T211/SM-T217S. Don’t use it for anything else or you could brick your device.
- You need to be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware and have a stock TouchWiz Launcher.
- Charge your battery so that it has 80 percent of its life.
- You need to have custom recovery on your device. If you don’t have it, download and install one. We recommend either CWM or TWRP.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Kids Mode On Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0:
- Download v.1.1.zipfile onto a computer.
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal storage of your Galaxy Tab 3.
- Boot the device into recovery mode. First, turn off the device then turn it back on by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power keys. You should see the custom recovery interface in a while.
- In CWM or TWRP recovery, select “Install / Choose Zip from SD card
- Find the Kidz-Addon.v.1.1.zip file and select it. Swipe Yes to flash”.
- Once flashed, wipe the cache and dalvik cache from the recovery.
- Reboot the Galaxy Tab 3.
- You should be able to find Kids Mode in your app drawer.
- Launch and then create your kids profile.
Do you have Kids Mode on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.